Tom Brady fantasy vs. real - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tom Brady fantasy vs. real

Moderator: Football Moderators

running game being good for only running game?

Postby broncomike » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:47 pm

??The running game only being good for the running game??
hmmm.
without a good running game, teams cannot pass as well as most defenses will play nickles and dimes (as the pats have had to face) no more nickles and dimes if dillon is a 1500 yard back. result: brady will get more one on one's and cuts to the perimeter. dillon will change the way teams prepare for the patriots IF he is a 1500 yard back, simply put.
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:50 pm

Dillon won't be a 1500 yard back.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

dillon 1500?

Postby broncomike » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:57 pm

hence the IF ;-)

let's hope not as fans of other teams
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:03 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Dillon won't be a 1500 yard back.

Oh, he could very well be a 1500 yard back. What was he, a 1300 yard back on the worst team in the league at the time? I think jumping to the best team in the league could give him an extra 200 yards at least.

And I agree with whoever stated that a good running game will change the way teams prepare for the Pats and open up more of an opportunity to pass. Thats what ive been trying to say!
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:07 pm

FaMoUsXsTaRz wrote:

Oh, he could very well be a 1500 yard back. What was he, a 1300 yard back on the worst team in the league at the time? I think jumping to the best team in the league could give him an extra 200 yards at least.

And I agree with whoever stated that a good running game will change the way teams prepare for the Pats and open up more of an opportunity to pass. Thats what ive been trying to say!

Dillon was a 1300 yard back 2 years ago, he was younger and had a better line than they currently have in New England (for running purposes). He was also the only weapon on the offence, he is moving to a team that already has a star in Tom Brady, he won't be the focus of the offence in the same way he was in Cincy.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

dillon being 1500 and running game a +

Postby broncomike » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:10 pm

I agree with you, as a fantasy player, I have Dillon as my number one sleeper going into my league's draft next month. I feel people are under-rating him. Steal of a deal if he falls into the third or fourth round. I think he will be a 1500 yard back and will make Brady a heck of a lot more effective in the passing game. Don't know if anyone will stop the pats this upcoming season, barring injuries of course.
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

la

Postby broncomike » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:10 pm

i agree with FaMoUs that is.
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:31 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
FaMoUsXsTaRz wrote:

Dillon was a 1300 yard back 2 years ago, he was younger and had a better line than they currently have in New England (for running purposes). He was also the only weapon on the offence, he is moving to a team that already has a star in Tom Brady, he won't be the focus of the offence in the same way he was in Cincy.

Not to mention he turns 30 in October and that Kevin Faulk will be the 3rd down back. Wow, me and cheesehead agreed on something. Hell really has frozen over.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:10 am

Heh. ;-D
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: green being 'terrible'

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:39 am

broncomike wrote:okay, i admit, maybe 'terrible' was a stretch. point was, without Tony or Priest, Green and the Chiefs would be sharing the basement with san diego.
morton had 50 rec for 700 yards, kennison 56 rec for 800 yards
tony 71 rec for 961, priest 74 rec for 714 yards

so as you can see, priest and tony make green work, just look at stats...plus, im a die-hard broncos fan, gotta take a shot at the chiefs whenever i can ;-D

I don't understand this argument. I think Culpepper and P. Manning have a pretty decent supporting cast, too. I think that Moss/Bennett and Harrison/James have had something to do with their QBs successes.

As far as knocking the Chiefs, you have to be impartial when it comes to FF. We'll have enough time to knock them when the season rolls around. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk