Julius Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Julius Jones

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:23 am

Hey,
Im just looking around for input on this guy. My 'boys rookie pick, and starting running back. Is this guy a guy you draft late, as in late late, or a guy you pick up after you see how he does? With eric bickerstaff out for the season, Jones looks to get the GL carries. And another thing, How do you guys ranks Julius Jones as compared to Troy Hambrick, above or below hime.

Thanks,
Matt
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Julius Jones

Postby nsulham » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:33 am

Franchise Fan wrote:Hey,
Im just looking around for input on this guy. My 'boys rookie pick, and starting running back. Is this guy a guy you draft late, as in late late, or a guy you pick up after you see how he does? With eric bickerstaff out for the season, Jones looks to get the GL carries. And another thing, How do you guys ranks Julius Jones as compared to Troy Hambrick, above or below hime.

Thanks,
Matt

Almost every mock I've seen has him going around the 4-5-6 round spot. You're not going to pick him up as a FA, forget that. He'll be drafted fairly high, lot of people are high on him.

As for Shitbrick, JJ is FAR above him on rankings.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:36 am

Umm, goalline carries? Try every carry. He's got Parcell's approval, no competition, and much more talent than Hambrick. He's a guy you draft as your 3rd RB in a 12 team league.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Julius Jones

Postby Flux » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:39 am

Franchise Fan wrote:Hey,

Thanks,
Matt

Yeah like maddog said JJ will get ALL the carries. Hambrick is no longer on the Cowboys, hes on Oakland and will be moved to fullback.

JJ = 4-6 rd pick
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:41 am

maddog60 wrote:Umm, goalline carries? Try every carry. He's got Parcell's approval, no competition, and much more talent than Hambrick. He's a guy you draft as your 3rd RB in a 12 team league.

Im sure he meant that, hes probably saying Jones is EVEN getting the goalline carries.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:41 am

I know Hambrick is on the Raiders, what do i live in a hole :-)
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:42 am

go leafs knows what im talkin about, yea, Julius will now get the GL carries also, bickerstaff emerged mid-late last year as a power player who looked to be getting some of them.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:43 am

Franchise Fan wrote:I know Hambrick is on the Raiders, what do i live in a hole :-)

wasnt sure why you wanted the comparison, thought you might still think they were on the same team. Hambrick is terrible, JJ is unproven, but still appears to be a much better RB than Hamburger (couldnt be much worse...)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:01 pm

So - does anyone have any statistics or anything to show us why JJ is much better than Hambrick?

I see JJ as a bust right now - and I would like to know why everyone is so hot on him. I dont buy the theory that he's their only option, so he has to do well. What about Hambrick - he was their only option last yr - would you consider him a good #3 RB at the end of last yr?

I also dont buy into the theory that Parcells is the man and we shouldnt question his decision. He has no track record of drafting quality RBs, so why should we think he is good at it now?

Maybe I'm more stubborn about getting on the bandwagon of certain players, but that stubbornness has helped me in the past. If anyone can show me why I should be high on JJ, I will gladly change my opinion, but as for right now, all I see is opinions based on the "who else do they have" theory, and that simply doesnt fly with me - you'd think those people would have learned after the Hambrick fiasco.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:34 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:So - does anyone have any statistics or anything to show us why JJ is much better than Hambrick?

I see JJ as a bust right now - and I would like to know why everyone is so hot on him. I dont buy the theory that he's their only option, so he has to do well. What about Hambrick - he was their only option last yr - would you consider him a good #3 RB at the end of last yr?

I also dont buy into the theory that Parcells is the man and we shouldnt question his decision. He has no track record of drafting quality RBs, so why should we think he is good at it now?

Maybe I'm more stubborn about getting on the bandwagon of certain players, but that stubbornness has helped me in the past. If anyone can show me why I should be high on JJ, I will gladly change my opinion, but as for right now, all I see is opinions based on the "who else do they have" theory, and that simply doesnt fly with me - you'd think those people would have learned after the Hambrick fiasco.

Cornbread, I'm starting to agree with everything you post.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk