Julius Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:34 pm

Philly Phantom wrote:
nsulham wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I also dont buy into the theory that Parcells is the man and we shouldnt question his decision. He has no track record of drafting quality RBs, so why should we think he is good at it now?

Just for the record, he did draft Rodney Hampton and Curtis Martin, two pretty good backs.

He also drafted another smallish running back, Joe Morris out of Michigan.
21 TD's in '85
Won a Super Bowl in '86.
5,296 total yards in 4 1/2 years.

I personally think the better pick may have been Greg Jones from FSU, for the way that Parcells really likes to pound the ball. He's a beast. He looks like O.J. Andreson with speed. Knee injury may have scared them off. They already have a few backs and FB's that can catch out of the backfield, so JJ may be a 2 down back early. His size (5'9"?) is an issue for me, although his arms are almost as huge as his brothers. He's gonna get 1,100 and 6 barring injury though with about 3.9 to 4.2 avg. I don't know if Parcell's as much as Maurice Carthon will have anything to do with Jones' success or failure. Parcell's forte is really making QB's and Defenses better.

Yep, and then some. Great info and insight. ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:00 pm

phins fan, exactly what are you getting at when you say live in a cave? I wanted the comparison based on the fact that last year hambrick started for practicly the same offense.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:56 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:So do you all like him more than his namesake Thomas Jones?

Definately. Both are similar backs:
They are both unproven, both have a good/decent O line and both have close to no pass threat. I give the nod to Jones because of the shear amount of carries he will get along with his coach. Parcells is an amazing coach, no doubt about it. I have more faith in him than Lovie. Plus, there's a wee bit more talent on that Dallas offense. On Defense, Dallas is entirely better than the Bears, which will translate to their offense being on the field more....so more touches for JJ
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:57 am

deftdelivery wrote:I give the nod to Jones

You do realize that both guys are named Jones, right? ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:30 am

Free Bagel wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:I give the nod to Jones

You do realize that both guys are named Jones, right? ;)

lol, I thought that too ;-D

I have to say I think JJ will have the better year, but I think Thomas Jones is sitting behind a better O-line. It should be much improved w/ Tait and R. Brown. But I agree w/ deft that JJ will just get more carries meaning a better year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:38 am

I actually think Ruben Brown is a pretty garbage RG, he hasn't done much the last few years, but I will admit, Tait is an excellent run blocker and should definetly help TJ. The other factor I think will help Thomas Jones is the addition of FB Bryan Johnson (Johnston?) from the Redskins, definetly a quality FB. IMO, the two will have similar seasons, with TJ coming at a lower draft spot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:35 am

When i said risky for taking Thomas Jones I meant as a #2 back.....not as a number 3. I am looking for a #2 back...Which is why i wanted to compare the brothers in a dynasty league.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:36 am

All of you guys being so football savy.... I know that ya'lll know that Thomas "Oops I broke my hand answering the phone" Jones and Julius Jones are brothers..... right.

If you did not know that it's ok, Julius does not bring it up b/c of his brother's NFL history.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:36 am

All of you guys being so football savy.... I know that ya'lll know that Thomas "Oops I broke my hand answering the phone" Jones and Julius Jones are brothers..... right.

If you did not know that it's ok, Julius does not bring it up b/c of his brother's NFL history.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 am

I knew they were brothers, Julius has less talent and as bad of an attitude, all he has is a better situation and coach.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk