Joey Harrington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Harrington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joey Harrington

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:11 pm

Being a Cowboys fan, I have to look to other teams for a QB to be proud of. :-D
Joey Harrington is my favorite QB because he has the talent to be great. This year could be his breakout year, as last years was for hasselbeck. Where do you rank Harrington among QBs now with Roy Williams(not quite as good as the saftey version :-) ) and C. Johnson
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:19 pm

There was a post here saying Harrington had the 2 worst seasons of ANY QB (dont want to look for thread). I can't see two rookies and a fragile 2nd year guy pushing him over the top. He is certainly not in the top 15 and I would not want him as my backup.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:22 pm

I rank him right around 15th. He should be a serviceable backup fantasy QB. Its tough to look at his previous stats and predict how he will do this yr since the last 2 yrs he had quite literally the worst RBs and WRs in the NFL to get the ball to. This is a very pivotal yr for Joey - if he fails, he can no longer use the lack of help excuse.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:58 pm

This is a make or break season for Joey (and geez, change your name to Joe already. You're Mommy will understand).
He has the tools to run a potent offense this season. He needs to work on being more patient and letting his recievers get open instead of just dumping the ball off. The man can throw a very accurate deep ball when he is in rhthym. If he can learn to keep his cool and go through his progressions he could have a very good season, as will the Lions. I am targeting him as my back-up QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:24 pm

He's definitely bottom third of starting QB's right now. He could make a move if they get a decent running game going to go along with the young WR's.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StickaforkinRogers » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:51 pm

moochman wrote:The man can throw a very accurate deep ball when he is in rhthym. QB.

Are you sure you've seen Harrington play? I'm a Lions fan and he is one of the worst deep ball QB's I've ever seen. Besides that, he's a complete wuss, he's scared to take a sack so he throws the ball away way too much. His deep ball usually misses by at least 3 yards which is why he throws a lot of picks. Those safties are back there licking his chops. IMO Harrington will end up going down as a complete bust and a waste of an early pick. It's true that he hasn't had talent surrounding him but I just can't ignore the complete garbage I've seen of him thusfar.
StickaforkinRogers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:04 am

Rogers hater, I agree with your concerns over Joey being a wuss. He has to prove that he has a pair and stay with he reads. I have seen him a too few occassions throw a very accurate deep ball with great touch when he forgot about the pass rush and threw in sync. Problem has been that there are to few times when he has shown any poise. This is his year to prove his worth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby STEELtownUSA » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:05 pm

I dont know. I have always had faith in Harrington, and this year he has two nice recievers. I definatly wouldn't want him as my starter, but I would be happy with him as my backup this year. I put him around 16th
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Calyxes » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:01 pm

I have watched joey play every sunday and I do not think that a lot of it it is falt. He had the worst WRS and they dropped the ball all the time. It is tough to through when you are in 3/8 and everyone knows you are going to throw. He will be my backup this year.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I rank him right around 15th. He should be a serviceable backup fantasy QB. Its tough to look at his previous stats and predict how he will do this yr since the last 2 yrs he had quite literally the worst RBs and WRs in the NFL to get the ball to. This is a very pivotal yr for Joey - if he fails, he can no longer use the lack of help excuse.

My thoughts exactly... theres probably only one better athlete than roy williams at wide receiver in the Nfl and thats Randy Moss... If he cant find a way to get him the ball i think the lions definetly should being looking to another Qb of the future...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk