Joey Harrington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Harrington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:36 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I rank him right around 15th. He should be a serviceable backup fantasy QB. Its tough to look at his previous stats and predict how he will do this yr since the last 2 yrs he had quite literally the worst RBs and WRs in the NFL to get the ball to. This is a very pivotal yr for Joey - if he fails, he can no longer use the lack of help excuse.

My thoughts exactly... theres probably only one better athlete than roy williams at wide receiver in the Nfl and thats Randy Moss... If he cant find a way to get him the ball i think the lions definetly should being looking to another Qb of the future...

Not a diss to Roy, I like him alot as well (he should have been drafted ahead of Fitzgerald in the NFL Draft) but I heard Charles Rogers has been beating him in foot races in camp. Not a knock on Roy, but more of a compliment to Rogers.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:03 pm

cooleyhigh wrote:There was a post here saying Harrington had the 2 worst seasons of ANY QB (dont want to look for thread).

http://www.footballguys.com/04fo_joeyharrington.htm wrote:Since 1980, there have been 352 instances of a QB throwing 400 or more passes in a season. Of those 352, the very bottom two in terms of yards per attempt belong to Joey Harrington. That is astounding. To have the single worst season would be one thing. But he's got the two worst. His two seasons in the league rank #351 and #352 out of 352.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:33 pm

All this joey bashing makes me sad. I'd love for him to succeed, if only to right the wrong done by Akili Smith.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:43 pm

StickaforkinRogers wrote: Those safties are back there licking his chops.

Wait a minute...they do what to Harrington's mouth? :-?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:56 am

Joey Harrington was awesome in college. I went to all of the games when Oregon came over to WSU and even drove to Oregon to check him out.

In the pros, he's been a huge disappointment. I think StickaforkinRogers pretty much summed up what The Canacuna was just about ready to mention...

StickaforkinRogers wrote:Besides that, he's a complete wuss, he's scared to take a sack so he throws the ball away way too much. His deep ball usually misses by at least 3 yards which is why he throws a lot of picks. It's true that he hasn't had talent surrounding him but I just can't ignore the complete garbage I've seen of him thusfar.

Joey Harrington is near the bottom of my QB rankings. He had some talent last year and barely did anything with it. I really like Roy Williams, but he's just a rookie and I'm not expecting anything spectacular out of him. His arrival, along with that of Tai Streets isn't going to dramatically improve Harrington's stats (assuming Harrington gets the ball close enough to them).
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Shakey76 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:18 am

I think stats can be a little deceiving with Joey. Watching the Lions last year, the bulk of Joey's INTs were in the second half of the game when they Lions were already down and throwing to get back into the game. This by no means is an excuse for the poor performance, but it is a lot to ask a second year quarterback with no running game to get you back into the game. Joey does need to hold the ball a bit more and accept the hits if needed to complete the pass. If the Loins can get a running game and the receivers hang on to the ball JOEY MUST PERFORM. If not he needs to go, plain and simple.
Last edited by Shakey76 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shakey76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:35 am

I think shakey touched on it a bit...

I still have hopes for this kid. I mean, asides from his own INT mistakes and the yards per attempt stat BS...

He's only having to put up with the worst franchise in the last 10 years.

Can't run the ball.
Can't catch the ball.
Can't coach the team for crap.
Can't stop the opposing team on defense.

Hell I'm surprised he gets out of bed in the morning. Talk about getting your brains beat in with a tack hammer.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Adlaw » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:08 pm

Be careful shooting down a Mariuchi QB with the upside and youth of Harrington. I like him, I like the system he's in and I see talent growing around them. He may still be a year away from solid fantasy numbers but think future in a keeper league.
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby F00ballKing » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:26 pm

I still like Harrington... I agree that this is his "must perform" year. With the talent they have, they should at least win a road game this year... although he's been a disappointment, I have high hopes for him this year.

The stats that people are popping up are very deceiving... I watched most of the games last year, being a Lions fan (from Detroit) and an gambling fool, and what I saw was receivers dropping balls in thier hands 6 out of 10 attempts. His stats in no way reflect him as a player... the Lions (if memory serves) set the record for dropped passes last year, that's hardly the fault of an inaccurate QB. He has decent deep accuracy... not the best, but not bad at all.

I have him at #21 on the chart... but, I'd like to see him have some success.
F00ballKing
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk