Big Brock Lesnar piece - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Big Brock Lesnar piece

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:17 pm

FeArMeNtL wrote:guys guys guys you are all missing the most important part as to why he probably wont go to the nfl. Its because of the money situation. Why would he want to leave the WWE where he is making about over millions of dollars for football where he will only make around 500k. Really why would he want to? He is much more loved in the WWE then he ever will in the NFL. So i don't he will go to the NFL. They had something on him that even stated the money thing so I'd say its a no go. :-P

Money is exactly WHY he can do this. He is set for life. Money is not an issue.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FeArMeNtL » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:02 am

I still say money is an issue ;-D If if he says it "isnt" i believe it is in the end just watch :*)
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:58 am

As much as I agree his odds are slim, I think his age has more to do with it than anything. Even completely raw, what team wouldnt want to spend a season or 2 trying to develop the skills in such an athlete.

290 pounds, all muscle, and 4.7 in the 40. Hmm, so let me get this straight. The guy:

a) weighs enough to play Defensive End
b) is built like a linebacker though
c) can run like at the speed of a running back

Especially if his whole tenacious attitude isnt an act, I think he'd make a great linebacker given time to develop. Problem is, with his age, he really doesnt have time, so Defensive End seems more likely the spot for him to try. With that kind of speed, he could become a great pass rusher. With all the college athletes that get drafted solely based on pro-day workouts, and the importance the NFL places on their combine, why not sign the guy to a minimum salary, send him to NFL europe, and see how he performs in training camp the next year. Especially a team with few rookies that desperately need reps in early mini-camps (Washington for example).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FeArMeNtL » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:59 am

maddog60 wrote:As much as I agree his odds are slim, I think his age has more to do with it than anything. Even completely raw, what team wouldnt want to spend a season or 2 trying to develop the skills in such an athlete.

290 pounds, all muscle, and 4.7 in the 40. Hmm, so let me get this straight. The guy:

a) weighs enough to play Defensive End
b) is built like a linebacker though
c) can run like at the speed of a running back

Especially if his whole tenacious attitude isnt an act, I think he'd make a great linebacker given time to develop. Problem is, with his age, he really doesnt have time, so Defensive End seems more likely the spot for him to try. With that kind of speed, he could become a great pass rusher. With all the college athletes that get drafted solely based on pro-day workouts, and the importance the NFL places on their combine, why not sign the guy to a minimum salary, send him to NFL europe, and see how he performs in training camp the next year. Especially a team with few rookies that desperately need reps in early mini-camps (Washington for example).

Bold sentence explains why he wont go! People will say, " Oh its not about the money" trust me the man is greedy and wants his money :-D
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk