Farenheit 9/11 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Farenheit 9/11

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:44 pm

CKY_ROX wrote:i dont think that this movie really swayed people who had opinions before entering the move.

Actually, I read a lengthy article yesterday that said just the opposite. It had about 7 quotes from random people who talked about how they've now decided to vote for Kerry and that is seemed that they "hadn't heard the truth until now."

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:38 pm

I don't buy into what his stances are 100%...but I will admit he really knows how to bring a good opinion around full circle in movie format.

You can't help but appreciate when the man goes to Canada and walks into people's homes unannounced to show how relaxed they are about the perception of personal crime and violating of one's home.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:01 am

Like a great book his work makes you think and form your own opinions. Better than most garbage people waste their time on (FF aside) ;-)
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:09 am

Obviously I don't like the guy, but he's entitled to his opinion. The thing that burned me was him trying to get the movie knocked down to PG-13. Why should he care what the rating is other than to make more money and to inspire people who can't even vote to be against the government? Personally, if I were under 17 I wouldn't be watching this movie anyway...I'd be going to watch Shrek 2. Heck, I'd maybe even watch White Chicks over that. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:35 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Ive already stated my opinions on him:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... ight=moore

Big Thumbs-up Cornbread!! Great research and excellent true DOCUMENTATION on Moore. Confirms my feelings exactly. Didn't catch that thread when it first came out, so thanks for reposting it.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:39 am

VHawk15 wrote:
CKY_ROX wrote:i dont think that this movie really swayed people who had opinions before entering the move.

Actually, I read a lengthy article yesterday that said just the opposite. It had about 7 quotes from random people who talked about how they've now decided to vote for Kerry and that is seemed that they "hadn't heard the truth until now."[/quote]

Now that is scary!!! People making a decision on the presidential election based on a Michael Moore movie (or any movie for that matter) where they mistakenly thought they were getting "the truth". Is this "the informed electorate" that we would like to see? I'll say it again - SCARY!!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:40 am

I'm pretty sure that's the true intent of the movie (other than the money he'll make).

Funny how it came out three months before the election... :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:31 am

No big deal. In a short while, Bush will announce we captured Osama and everything will be back to normal. All the Moore worshipers will have to crawl back into their liberal homes and wait for the next politically incorrect installment from the money-hungry democrat.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:40 am

Wow, I started a political debate, this was not my intent.

On that topic however, the Liberals retained control of Parliament in the Canadian election yesterday. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:41 pm

Glad to see there are some level heads out there!!
ie. Cornbread, C Culpepper, etc.

Michael Moore is a propaganda machine who intentionally distorts facts and floats lies and misconceptions as truth. In short, he is a liar. I truly believe that it is accepted on the left to lie about issues and opponants if it furthers your agenda. Acceptable strategy, if you will.

So if you know that much of F-9/11 is distorted, and much is a lie; then why bother giving credibility to any of the crap he espouses. And why pay $7 to go see a two hour advertisement for the campaign to defeat Bush in 2004?

I prefer Spider-Man.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk