Where did all the smart people go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Where did all the smart people go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where did all the smart people go?

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:35 am

I was reading a post about who to take with the 1st overall pick, and here was a response.
Franchise Fan wrote:yea.....what they all said


No offense to the author here, but what a waste of my time. It's really starting to bug me how people offer me absolutely no insight. If your views are the same as everyone else's there is no reason for you to post. I try to make all my posts knowledgable and maybe teach you something new. I don't know where I'm going with this. Just wanted to point out people's laziness or whatever you want to call it because it's getting really old to me.
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 am

I totally agree. :-)

I do read a lot of the posts, but if I can't give some tidbit of information that is different than someone else, I normally won't waste my time to reiterate it.

I can see why some people may do this though...they want to be involved in the conversation and want to give another "yes" vote to what others have done. It would be bad just to have one person say "this is good" when everyone thinks it is.

Bennett, I'm glad you want to be a responsible poster. It gives you credability and respect from the other members! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:53 am

No offense to Franchise Fan either, but I too agree. It seems that many people just want to up their psot count so they reply to every thread in the Trade/Keeper forum with things such as "I agree", "I concur", "Yep", etc.

Why don't you just say you agree with someone, and then give the reason(s) why? Even if it's just a short sentence, at least you give the person asking the question actual information.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby Homeless » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 am

VHawk15 wrote:No offense to Franchise Fan either, but I too agree. It seems that many people just want to up their psot count so they reply to every thread in the Trade/Keeper forum with things such as "I agree", "I concur", "Yep", etc.

Why don't you just say you agree with someone, and then give the reason(s) why? Even if it's just a short sentence, at least you give the person asking the question actual information.


I agree, I concur :-b ;-D
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:16 am

Homeless wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:No offense to Franchise Fan either, but I too agree. It seems that many people just want to up their psot count so they reply to every thread in the Trade/Keeper forum with things such as "I agree", "I concur", "Yep", etc.

Why don't you just say you agree with someone, and then give the reason(s) why? Even if it's just a short sentence, at least you give the person asking the question actual information.


I agree, I concur :-b ;-D


Ditto. :-D
Image
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 7286
Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beatin the Steers in C-bus!!

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:38 am

Slowkidz wrote:
Homeless wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:No offense to Franchise Fan either, but I too agree. It seems that many people just want to up their psot count so they reply to every thread in the Trade/Keeper forum with things such as "I agree", "I concur", "Yep", etc.

Why don't you just say you agree with someone, and then give the reason(s) why? Even if it's just a short sentence, at least you give the person asking the question actual information.


I agree, I concur :-b ;-D


Ditto. :-D

Yep.





Seriously though, it does annoy me too, but in some cases it is justified.....especially in trade threads. Many times the original poster wants to see where the majority lies. If nothing is posted besides two alternate viewpoints, the poster would have no idea which is more valid.....so a bunch of people saying "so-and-so is right" actually helps determine this.

But the majority of the time, especially in threads where there is no resulting action (trade, start-sit, etc.) by the original poster.....it is just a waste. :-t
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2226
Joined: 4 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:44 am

i used to do that when i was a lil opster becasue i thought it was cool to have a high opst count. but now im starting to try to put mor time into the posts and put at leaft a cuople scentences saying why, unless someone has hit the nail on the head, then i might give i a il Yup, or You covered it all, i agree
Image

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2524
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: in the westside

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:43 am

I dont like it. Sometimes I will find someone who honestly writes EXACTLY what Id write, so I right I agree. Actually, when Im getting help I dont mind someone agreeing with someone who explained it, but thats just me :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 9345
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:27 am

There are some cases (i.e. Deciding Between Option A and Option B), but come on boys, there has to be SOMETHING you can add in viewpoint articles. Alright, I'm done rambling, just had to get my three cents in. (yeah, beat that)
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby Poobah » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:26 am

I see you're three cents and raise you another cent. Oh, wait, wrong forum....

Sometimes, it's more "acceptable" than others, for example, when a poster is taking opinions --- for example the overdone "LT or Priest" post --- I don't see anything wrong with another vote in favor of one or another. However, I agree that in situations where one person hits every point of your argument, maybe you should rethink a simple affirmation. However, are you really gonna wanna police that? I think the evil mods have better things to do. Besides, solid overall contributors are recognized, I tend to think, by the regulars.

In which case, perhaps I better reintroduce myself ;-D

And Bennett, you know I was coming in on any post asking about the smart people. The responsibility I have is a burden, you know... ;-)
Image
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1822
Joined: 21 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tangled Up In Blue

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:26 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact