Top Third Year WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top Third Year WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Out of these three WR's, who's most likely to put up starting WR stats?

Donte Stallworth
26%
Ashley Lelie
23%
Javon Walker
51%
None this year
No votes

Total votes : 61

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:47 am

Yeah - its between Walker and Stall.

I like Stall to break out this yr, but the real risk is his injury history. If he stays healthy, he will be a TD machine.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ngub12 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:20 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Javon has shown consistent improvement but I am concerned about Favre's ability to get the ball downfield to him. I would still pick Walker.

are you kidding me?? come on man. favre has one of the strongest arms in the NFL.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Poobah » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:16 am

Nice to see we're in such agreement (5-5-5 once I voted) but very few vocal supporters of Lelie. So I'll say some stuff.

First, ngub12, Favre's strength is not an issue, but the injuries to his thumb have made every deep ball a jump ball, so he does work the short and middle routes more than he used to.

Second, Lelie will probably blossom if Plummer stays healthy all year. McCaffery and Sharpe have retired, and Rod Smith is long in the tooth. Lelie will be the vertical aspect of that offense, and 65-1000-8 is not out of the question at all.

Third, Stallworth has many targets to compter with. Horn, Deuce, Boo Williams, Pathon, and Henderson.

Just my take of course...
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:59 am

Out of these three, I like Walker. He was playing great and putting up good numbers at the end of last year. Of course Driver kind of did the same thing the year before then faded into oblivion.

Stallworth probably has the most 'upside', but as mentioned earlier has Horn to contend with. I can count on (less than) one hand the number of #2 WRs that have been fantasy standouts.

Lelie is in a great position to do well, but IMO has shown the least of the three between the lines.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:01 pm

Poobah wrote:Nice to see we're in such agreement (5-5-5 once I voted)

Wouldn't that be disagreement? I would think 15-0-0 means we're all agreeing ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby th3ma7r1x » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:57 pm

It was a tough choice between Stall and Javon but I chose Stall. Both have great upside and will eventually break out.
th3ma7r1x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fadlan12 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:59 pm

maddog60 wrote:How about Deion Branch? He's already been given the #1 WR slot, and had some noticeable games in th past 2 years playing only the #3 WR.

i second that
fadlan12
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fadlan12 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:01 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Branch has the wrong QB throwin to him. I like all their potentials, but I really like Javon on this one.

come again? you mena he spreads the ball around too much? wrong QB??
fadlan12
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:07 pm

fadlan12 wrote:
NittanyLions wrote:Branch has the wrong QB throwin to him. I like all their potentials, but I really like Javon on this one.

come again? you mena he spreads the ball around too much? wrong QB??

Yea, I think Nittany means that Brady spreads the ball around too much, and Dillon will also detract from the WR production in NE.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ngub12 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:18 pm

Poobah wrote:Nice to see we're in such agreement (5-5-5 once I voted) but very few vocal supporters of Lelie. So I'll say some stuff.

First, ngub12, Favre's strength is not an issue, but the injuries to his thumb have made every deep ball a jump ball, so he does work the short and middle routes more than he used to.

great observations poopah, but, if u look at game logs of last year, especially the last 8 weeks or so when favre's hand was of biggest concern, he actually was throwing bombs to walker.

check this link out...
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302233/gamelogs

pay attention to yards, tds, but expecially avg. per reception. i think mr favre is just fine throwing the deep ball. an offseason of recooperation will help too.

anyway, this is why my favorite to break out is walker. he really blossomed torwards the end of the season, and hes a beast (6-3 220), fast, and of those four wr's has the best qb throwing to him.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk