14%
10-11
No votes
12th
8%

Total votes : 37

your favorite draft pick

Postby STEELtownUSA » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:32 pm

I was just wondering where everyone liked to pick in there drafts. I will use a 12 team redraft with a snake draft because most people have probably done that.
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:34 pm

I like the 8th pick, you get one of the stud backs and another solid back or dominant WR in Rd. 2
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:45 pm

Changes every year. This year, I'd go #1 and pick Holmes in a redraft league. 25ish TDs + whatever production I get from my #2 back should give me an advantage at the RB position over the rest of the league.

I could easily see ending up with someone like Bennett (or more likely a RB I thought would go around 15 will fall to me) with my 2nd rounder, then would have the first 3rd round pick to spend on a dominant WR like Ward/C. Johnson, or possibly someone like CPepp depending on scoring rules/draft board.
Last edited by 9er Fan on Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:50 pm

You should probably go with a new poll giving each spot it's own option.

I like to draft at the end of tiers so this year I like 4, but 5 is one that I really want to avoid.

Same thing with 8 and 9.

The problem lies in the fact that 4 (love) and 5 (hate) are paired up together.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:59 pm

I like 1. I am trying this strategy for the first time but draft LT/Priest and then go with 2 stud receivers and a serviceable #2 back in the 4th. I also like the back to back picks. I am 11 rounds into a draft like this and like the way my team looks.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:11 pm

I agree with Bagel about the poll choices. My favorite pick is #2, but I don't like #1 as much.

At #2, you're able to get either Priest or LT and you can still get someone like Rudi, Dillon, or Barlow in the 2nd round.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:37 pm

My pick is #2. You get LT/Priest (hopefully LT) and you get the better guy in the 2nd round. But, that isn't a choice, so I will say 1st.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:41 pm

This year I like picks #1, #2, #8 in that order.

with 1 or 2 you get eithe Priest or LT who IMO are heads and shoulders above the rest. With #8 you get the last of the 3-8 RB studs who I have all pretty much rated the same or close to
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:05 pm

I think this greatly depends on the level of competition in your league. If someone jumps for a QB in the 2nd rd, then yeah, one of those RBs will fall back to you if you drafted #1 or #2 originally. However - as I brought up in another thread, if you are in a highly competitive league where the owners know not to grab a QB early, you could be in a world of hurt at the 2.12 - 3.1 picks because the drop in value between WRs and RBs converge right at the same spot.

Ill spell out this situation real quick and see if you guys still want that 1st pick.
Its the 2nd rd - ALL of these players have already been drafted:
The standard 1st rd guys plus
Faulk
Holt
Owens
Dillon
Henry
DDavis
Barlow
CJohnson
Ward
Rudi
Bennett

Who do you draft for your #2 and #3?
The point is that there is very little value at this point. The #2 RBs are picked over, the top teir of WRs are gone, and your only option if you want an elite player is to draft a QB - something that most value hounds abhore - drafting a QB early. If you are in a competitive enough league, taking the first pick or two might actually turn out to be a disadvantage.

Give me the #8 spot.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Xtreme » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:19 pm

I like the 4-5 spot, it gives you a top tier RB in the 1st, and then a decent RB in the 2nd.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk