8-9
14%
10-11
No votes
12th
8%

Total votes : 37

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:39 pm

I chose 4-5. You can get a stud RB, stud WR or solid #2 RB, and 3.04-3.05 is the perfect spot to pick Gonzo.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:42 pm

I want anywhere in the top 6, but since you had 6-7, I voted 4-5. Gotta get one of the top 6 backs, and I like being in the middle. Good opportunities to trade back to accumulate picks, and never too far from your pick if you don't trade.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:45 pm

i like having the 4th, but not the 5th pick. you are guarenteed a Green or Portis with that pick and then a pretty good rebound pick aswall

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:10 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I think this greatly depends on the level of competition in your league. If someone jumps for a QB in the 2nd rd, then yeah, one of those RBs will fall back to you if you drafted #1 or #2 originally. However - as I brought up in another thread, if you are in a highly competitive league where the owners know not to grab a QB early, you could be in a world of hurt at the 2.12 - 3.1 picks because the drop in value between WRs and RBs converge right at the same spot.

Ill spell out this situation real quick and see if you guys still want that 1st pick.
Its the 2nd rd - ALL of these players have already been drafted:
The standard 1st rd guys plus
Faulk
Holt
Owens
Dillon
Henry
DDavis
Barlow
CJohnson
Ward
Rudi
Bennett

Who do you draft for your #2 and #3?
The point is that there is very little value at this point. The #2 RBs are picked over, the top teir of WRs are gone, and your only option if you want an elite player is to draft a QB - something that most value hounds abhore - drafting a QB early. If you are in a competitive enough league, taking the first pick or two might actually turn out to be a disadvantage.

Give me the #8 spot.

S. Davis and Harrison... unless you are assuming those guys are standard 1st round guys? If Harrison went in the 1st round in your scenario, I'd consider S. Davis/CPepp depending on the scoring system.

I guess my point is the following: Lets say you draft Shaun Alexander and get someone like Dillon in the 2nd. How many TDs should we expect from that pair? 25ish (assuming Dillon pans out)? Fine, you have now matched what Priest has done the past two years by himself. Now add Davis/Bennett/Westbrook's numbers to Priest and you have a big advantage at RB and the #1 overall pick in the 3rd round where you can draft either a top-5ish WR, or maybe CPepp.
Last edited by 9er Fan on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:27 pm

i like the middle. so i chose 6-7. but it seems this year i've been in the bottom 3rd every time. and more often than not,last. but i don't think the order of the draft has anything to do with where a person finishes in the league.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:28 pm

9er Fan wrote:S. Davis and Harrison... unless you are assuming those guys are standard 1st round guys? If Harrison went in the 1st round in your scenario, I'd consider S. Davis/CPepp depending on the scoring system.

Yeah - in my example, Marv was a 1st rounder.
I guess you have to take SDavis and Cpepp. Cpepp I can live with, I guess, but it does go against my drafting for value theory.
SDavis? Im not sure about that - I would be pretty upset if I were forced to take SDavis in the 2nd rd. A RBBC and the guy I draft isnt even the goalline back? Thats rough. BTW - when it gets back to you in the 4th - you can forget about any of the value type RBs like Staley or Westbrook still being there for you to backup SDavis.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:48 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
9er Fan wrote:S. Davis and Harrison... unless you are assuming those guys are standard 1st round guys? If Harrison went in the 1st round in your scenario, I'd consider S. Davis/CPepp depending on the scoring system.

Yeah - in my example, Marv was a 1st rounder.
I guess you have to take SDavis and Cpepp. Cpepp I can live with, I guess, but it does go against my drafting for value theory.
SDavis? Im not sure about that - I would be pretty upset if I were forced to take SDavis in the 2nd rd. A RBBC and the guy I draft isnt even the goalline back? Thats rough. BTW - when it gets back to you in the 4th - you can forget about any of the value type RBs like Staley or Westbrook still being there for you to backup SDavis.

If you could post a link from the Panther's organization that says they are going with a RBBC this year, and that Davis (who averaged 4.5 ypc last year) will cede goal-line carries to the lighter Foster (who averaged 3.8 ypc last year), I'd appreciate it. That would help me with my rankings. Until I see that information however, I'd be tickled pink to have Priest, Davis and CPepp after 3 rounds in a 12-team redraft league.
Last edited by 9er Fan on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:48 pm

I like a higher pick, For many reasons,
one, I am a good at trades.
I make people think the deal im giving them is in their best interest, and with a top pick, I can use it, whether it be preist or whomever, to get some quality players in return, for example, A guy Like ahman, and Marvin Harrison. But hey, some people arent as good manipulators as others. (also, many other people arent in a league with all 17 year olds)

P.S. im 17
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:41 pm

i chose 8-9 but its gotta be 8. Get a stud back and a great second rounder.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WhiteChocolate » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:19 pm

From 6 to 9. 7-9 Guarantees you a solid RB and a stud at WR/QB or a solid 2nd RB... I personally like 6 though, cause I had a good draft in my dynasty league with the 6th.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk