8-9
14%
10-11
No votes
12th
8%

Total votes : 37

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:22 pm

I'd be happy with 4/5th pick. Every year the #1 back ends up being a bust. 2003 was Williams, 2002 was Faulk. There's a strong chance either LT2/Holmes will bust. While I love LT, you can't ignore history. With 4/th pick, I could snag McAllister and be very happy with a back who hasn't quite had a monster year yet. He's proven to be a very dependable, solid back. With 4/5, I could take a good WR as well, maybe landing Holt or Harrison.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:35 pm

deftdelivery wrote:I'd be happy with 4/5th pick. Every year the #1 back ends up being a bust. 2003 was Williams, 2002 was Faulk. There's a strong chance either LT2/Holmes will bust.

I too chose the 4/5th pick because of the 2nd/3rd round draft situation. If you take the #1 or #2 pick, you are just itching to get screwed over in the 2nd/3rd round with bad value players. You will feel like you are forced to draft someone because there is no one else left. Instead of having your choice of the #2 RBs and #1 WRs available.

I think it's funny that a lot of people are predicting Holmes to rival his record breaking performance from last year. It's almost
a flash back to a few years ago when people thought Faulk virtually guaranteed a playoff spot all by himself.

No one can keep up that kind of pace in the NFL year after year.
Holmes may not be a bust, but without those TDs he's just another run of the mill 1st rounder. Granted I will not pass him up the 2nd pick of the draft if that is what I end up with, but a lot of people are going to be hurting when the #1 overall pick performs like a #7.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:04 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
a lot of people are going to be hurting when the #1 overall pick performs like a #7.

Kensat, I love you man...I agree with almost every single post you make. ;-D ;-D

I know there's a reason for putting LT2 and Holmes in the top 2...we pretty much have to because that's where they will be drafted. But odds are one of them will be a bust/dissappoint us this season. As Kensat pointed out, when you're forced to draft guys in the 2nd-4th rounds that you're not too happy with, your team will suffer. With a middle round pick, you have the oppurtunity of ensuring you take a player you are happy with. And the impact of a bust in these rounds is less severe.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joester » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:28 am

Pick 6 is my favorite. I feel that the consenus top 6 backs are way better than 7-10. Gimme Deuce or Alexander at 6 and I am a happy man.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:40 am

Kensat30 wrote:I think it's funny that a lot of people are predicting Holmes to rival his record breaking performance from last year.

I'm fine with predicting that Holmes will match his average season since he became a Chief. Here is his average for the past three years (this includes the 2001 season, when T. Richardson was getting the goal-line carries, limiting Priest's rushing TDs to 8):

20 TDs, 1530 rushing yards, 659 rec yards

Still a significant notch above what you are likely to get in the 3-8 slot.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk