I'm guessing he was out with Pittman and William Green..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm guessing he was out with Pittman and William Green.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm guessing he was out with Pittman and William Green.....

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:18 pm

Dolphins' TE Randy McMichael charged with assaulting wife

June 29, 2004
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- Miami Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael was arrested Tuesday for allegedly hitting his pregnant wife.

McMichael was charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison, Broward County sheriff's officials said.

His wife, Cawanna McMichael, was also arrested on a domestic battery charge stemming from the early Tuesday morning fight at their home. Both remained in Broward County Jail without bond Tuesday, and it was unknown when they would make their first court appearance.

The Dolphins had no immediate comment. A team spokesman said general manager Rick Spielman and coach Dave Wannstedt were vacationing Tuesday and not readily available.

Randy McMichael's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment.

The 6-foot-3, 247-pound McMichael has caught 88 passes for 1,083 yards and six touchdowns in two seasons with the Dolphins.

Randy McMichael, who celebrated his 25th birthday Monday, told sheriff's investigators he had been out drinking with friends, according to a probable cause affidavit. After arriving home, he became ill in a downstairs bathroom when his wife came in and began yelling at him, according to the report.

He told investigators Cawanna McMichael ``hit him across the head with her hand,'' and his wife fell to the ground when he pushed her.

Cawanna McMichael, though, said her husband grabbed her right arm and hit her several times. She was taken to a hospital for evaluation, then was transported to the jail for booking, officials said. It was unknown if she has an attorney.

Updated on Tuesday, Jun 29, 2004 2:18 pm EDT
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:48 pm

wow, i liked this guys as a nice TE to take in some of the last rounds and put up some nice numbers. i guess thats not happening

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Flux » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:54 pm

It must be hard to be a millionaire, living your dream.

Who in the hell hits their pregnant wife? Although she seems like a bit of a nut job herself.

Pretty soon their will be an All-Star prison league team made up of NFL players (although its rare for them to actually do time)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:32 pm

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more of this sort of thing this off season.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:40 pm

fntsyrookie wrote:I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more of this sort of thing this off season.

saddly so, that's a good point Rook.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:43 pm

I would like to see what the greatest agent there is, Drew has to say about this one when he does eventually talk.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:23 pm

another case of ego getting in the way of your career....terrible :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:52 pm

Flux wrote:Who in the hell hits their pregnant wife? Although she seems like a bit of a nut job herself.

I don't care how much of a nut job she is - you just don't hit women. More emphasis on that if she's pregnant.

Randy McMichael = :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:11 am

Canacuna wrote:
Flux wrote:Who in the hell hits their pregnant wife? Although she seems like a bit of a nut job herself.

I don't care how much of a nut job she is - you just don't hit women. More emphasis on that if she's pregnant.

Randy McMichael = :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

Who knows what really happened. I can easily imagine a scenario when he is over the toilet puking, she comes in and yells at her, he tells her to shut up calls her a few names and she hits him. Instinctively he pushes her away to ward her off but being the big strong guy he is, underestimates his strength and knocks her down.

fntsyrookie wrote:I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more of this sort of thing this off season.

I'm glad we haven't. We need to post more threads about the good things players do so we don't get a tainted view of them. Stories like Deuce McAllister donating $1M to his alma mater Ole Miss so the sports teams can have an indoor practice field or the player who's name I can't remember that builds houses and gives them away every year to poor families.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FeArMeNtL » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:33 am

I believe that Warrick Dunn does the house thing. Now that to me I think is badass when you fully fournish and stock the house and give to to people that are homeless. Now that's a good man ;-D Unlike the wife beater McMichael is Bye to his career. :-t
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk