Chess a sport? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Chess a sport?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:47 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:
FeArMeNtL wrote:
Flockers wrote:If you can eat while doing it, it isn't a sport. B-)

I showed my thought on this to KingGhidra which i beat him at the conversation ;-D If you say that you eat while playing the game, then what do you call baseball players eating sunflower seeds while in the outfield? Are you calling baseball not a sport? :-?

DO they actually eat them, or do they spit them back out? Then that is just chewing on them, or sucking them dry. IF they dont swallow em, thats not eating.

And baseball is BARELY a sport, considering they play 162 games in like 175 games.

My feelings exactly. It doesn't even need to be sunflower seeds, a baseball player can eat a Big Mac if they play in the OF and nothing gets hit to them, and players in the dugout waiting for their turn to bat can eat just about anything they want.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:22 am

I didn't say the thing, I am saying that Flockers stated that they ate "a" food. Baseball eats a food so that his stated comment says that if you eat during something its not considered a sport.
:-°
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:45 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:I didn't say the thing, I am saying that Flockers stated that they ate "a" food. Baseball eats a food so that his stated comment says that if you eat during something its not considered a sport.
:-°

Ya... and im saying that they dont eat a food, because they spit it back out!
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:37 pm

Have you never ate a sunflower seed? You eat the middle of it..... :-b
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:11 pm

FeArMeNtL wrote:Have you never ate a sunflower seed? You eat the middle of it..... :-b

Well i go see my buddy play with his rep baseball team sometime (booring) and they just suck the flavour out of em and spit em back out. I used to think they were supposed to be cracked open, but no one swallows em there. Maybe the style varies when it comes to eating sunflower seeds :-?
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Well what I do it suck the flavor off of them(barbaque or just plain salt) and then crack it in half to get the seed in the middle of it and then spit the shell out.
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:My feelings exactly. It doesn't even need to be sunflower seeds, a baseball player can eat a Big Mac if they play in the OF and nothing gets hit to them, and players in the dugout waiting for their turn to bat can eat just about anything they want.

I remember about 10 years ago one of the old NL umps (who was rather large...His first name was Eric, but I can't remember his last name) had an Egg McMuffin on 3rd base. I don't know if the players put it there or not, but he picked the thing up and ate it! :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk