Denver RBBC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver RBBC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Denver RBBC?

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:57 pm

I've heard some rumors that Denver will use a RBBC with Hearst, Bell, and Griffin. Is this true? Who has the best chance to emerge as the starter?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PhinsFan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:50 pm

Hearst should start week 1 while we see Bell and/or Griffin here & there.

IF Bell is going to rise I look for him to take over as the #1 by week 8. I don't see Griffin doing anything more than a few long runs.
[i]We are perfect when we lie[/i] - [b]"One Night In Spain" - Human Waste Project[/b]
PhinsFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:46 pm

Denver wont go RBBC. When was the last time they did? They will have one starter and probably stay with him all year if he is capable. Right now Hearst and Bell arent even in the running for the starting job, I dont know where you get your info.

-- Broncos RB Update --
Mon Jun 28, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

Patrick Saunders reports for the Sporting News that Denver Broncos RB Quentin Griffin (5-7, 198) and FB/RB Mike Anderson are the top contenders to be the team's featured running back this year. Griffin has quickness and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, but lacks size , bringing into question his ability to pick up tough yards. Anderson, who ran for 1,487 yards in 2000, has been a fullback the past two seasons. Second-round draft pick RB Tatum Bell failed to impress during minicamp, especially with his lack of inside running effectiveness. RB Garrison Hearst and RB Ahmaad Galloway are also in the mix. HC Mike Shanahan would love to find one running back to carry the ball 25 times per game. At fullback, Anderson will start, provided he doesn't start at running back. FB Reuben Droughns will also see playing time. While both are good lead blockers, Droughns is a better receiver than Anderson.

Griffin will be starting by week 1 and never look back.
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JrcWy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:49 pm

I also am tired of the Griffen is too little and fragile arguement. He is ten pounds lighter and a few inches shorter than Portis. Do the math people, that actually means he has more bulk to him than Portis. Hearst is only a backup plan as of right now. Who was there to mentor Portis when he stepped in? Only a couple thousand yard rushers in TD, Gary, and Anderson. Who is there now? Only Anderson. Hearst is there for the veteran reasons. That article seems to be dead on in the assupmtion that a single back will take over and will either be Griffen or Anderson. Right now my money is on Griffen.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:02 pm

JrcWY wrote: Right now my money is on Griffen.

;-D
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:32 pm

Griffin, if past instances with Denver continue, will be a steal in most drafts. I see him getting the starting job and giving you 1200 yds and 10+ TDs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:48 pm

I strongly doubt that Griffin will full-time starter by Week 1 or that he will remain the starter throughout the season. I really think it will be RBBC, but if it isn't, then the most talented runner will emerge as the starter. And the most talented runner on that team is obviously Tatum Bell.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:15 pm

Why do I always have to straighten you guys out? It's Ahmaad Galloway!!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:44 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Why do I always have to straighten you guys out? It's Ahmaad Galloway!!

Okay, Woody. ;-)

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:48 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Why do I always have to straighten you guys out? It's Ahmaad Galloway!!

Okay, Woody. ;-)

Actually, he might be right. Galloway is a longshot, but don't forget him completely. He had all the tools until he was injured at 'Bama.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk