Denver RBBC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver RBBC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:57 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Why do I always have to straighten you guys out? It's Ahmaad Galloway!!

Okay, Woody. ;-)

Actually, he might be right. Galloway is a longshot, but don't forget him completely. He had all the tools until he was injured at 'Bama.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Galloway is my boy (as of yesterday). I've been following him since his early college days, but realistically, he doesn't have a shot in the current situation.

Ghidra was just practicing his Woody Paige impersonation.

And he failed miserably, I might add.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Adlaw » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:11 pm

Griffen Griffen Griffen!!!!!!! ;-D
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:27 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:Why do I always have to straighten you guys out? It's Ahmaad Galloway!!

Okay, Woody. ;-)

Actually, he might be right. Galloway is a longshot, but don't forget him completely. He had all the tools until he was injured at 'Bama.

He's probably a year away from being ready to play at the top level again. It takes one year to recover from the ACL injury and another to get back to your previous form (if you can). The way RBs go down in Denver, one year isn't a long time to wait. Consider Galloway my two year in advance sleeper pick.

;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

denver rb

Postby broncomike » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:40 pm

Mike Shannahan has already said that Quentin Griffin will be the starter come week one of the regular season. Anderson will be fullback and Hearst will get third down carries and goal line carries. Bell will enter the season as the three man behind Griffin and Hearst. For Griffin, the job is his to lose in the preseason, and it's a pretty safe bet he won't lose it. If you were to ask a denver broncos fan that keeps up with the local media (and I do) who you should pick out of the denver rb's, it would be quentin griffin. without a doubt.
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:41 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

Okay, Woody. ;-)

Oh, don't get me wrong, Galloway is my boy (as of yesterday). I've been following him since his early college days, but realistically, he doesn't have a shot in the current situation.

Ghidra was just practicing his Woody Paige impersonation.

And he failed miserably, I might add.

if you quote him, you can read what Vhawk really said about his Woody Paige impression. Shanahan really hates to use a RBBC. I think he will stick with 1 back.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:04 pm

thanks for the insight broncomike - dont forget to keep us updated though.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasyswami » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:56 pm

The point that I think most of you are missing is that this is set up perfectly for a "sleeper of the year" candidate. The Griffin-Bell discussion will go back and forth all year long. And certain owners will still target Hearst in their respective drafts. But Mike Anderson is all but forgotten in most mocks right now, meaning he's off of everybody's radar. So while other owners will fight between the other three backs in the middle rounds, Anderson seems like a great pick in the last round of the draft. If Griffin gets hurt or suffers and Military Mike gets the nod, its the steal of the draft like he was a few years ago. If he never leaves the fullback position, then you've only wasted your last pick.

Anyway, my two cents.
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: denver rb

Postby FaMoUsXsTaRz » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:52 am

broncomike wrote:Mike Shannahan has already said that Quentin Griffin will be the starter come week one of the regular season. Anderson will be fullback and Hearst will get third down carries and goal line carries. Bell will enter the season as the three man behind Griffin and Hearst. For Griffin, the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=56">job</a> is his to lose in the preseason, and it's a pretty safe <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=bet&v=56">bet</a> he won't lose it. If you were to ask a denver broncos fan that keeps up with the local media (and I do) who you should pick out of the denver rb's, it would be quentin griffin. without a doubt.

;-D Nice to find some other people on this board who are not so c0ckstrong about Bell.
FaMoUsXsTaRz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk