How good is Travis Henry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How good is Travis Henry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How good is Travis Henry?

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:16 pm

I've seen him ranked as low as 30th out of all RBs and as high as 15. Waht kind of numbers is he gonna put up? Is he worth a 2nd/3rd round pick?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:17 pm

Easily a 2nd round pick, I have him around the #12/#13 spot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:21 pm

Travis Henry is awesome. The Bills can count on him being able to carry the ball 20 carries a game - no problems. He'll put up some nice yardage and even play injured when there's nothing to play for. He's good for about 10 TDs, too (even with Willis McGahee).

I have him ranked right after Marshall Faulk and Domanick Davis in my rankings - and it's kind of a heat between him and Fred Taylor. Somewhere around 11, 12, or 13th ranked RB for me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:05 am

Henry is a horse. The guy helped carry my team last year. He's certainly worth a mid 2nd round pick.

The only questions we have is how much of his load will be taken by McGahee. I doubt he'll lose much in the first 3/4 of the season. If the Bills are out of it at the end, we might see more of Willis just in time for the Fantasy Playoffs. :-o Other than that, he's a very servicable #2 fantasy back.

Whoever is ranking Henry 30th is :-° .
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:37 am

Mercer Boy wrote: If the Bills are out of it at the end, we might see more of Willis just in time for the Fantasy Playoffs.

Thats what i also think and thats what makes me worried.....i would hate to lose in the playoffs because they want to experiment with there rb's but when all is said and done henry still DOESNT drop out of the top 15.....the guy is a true beast and if it doesnt workout for him in Buffulo he will end up starting somewhere else......bank on it.
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:32 am

It looks like the Bills agree with this assessment...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/a ... nrTr00.htm

8-o
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:14 am

While the McGahee threat slightly lowers his value, I still have him ranked about 15th, just behind Domanick Davis. If Henry had a job all to himself, I'd probably have him at 12 ahead of Barlow and along with Taylor and Faulk.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:00 am

I love the Henry situation myself. I don't think there's any doubt that were it not for Mcgahee he would be a top 10 pick. Since I personally don't think Mcgahee will factor in much, I look at it as a chance to get a top 10 pick in the 2nd round..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:35 am

Henry is great. Last year, many opeople saw him as a low tier #1 RB, around where Edge and Faulk are now. This year, not too many people are high on him, but the Bills should be improved, and he wont be playing on a broken leg. Before the Bills collapsed last year, he had 5 TDs in the opening 2 weeks, so he can put up the big numbers when healthy and an offense that isnt crippled.

I think the fact that Henry usually drops to mid or even late 2nd round is what makes the #1-6 positions in the draft even more important this year. Getting him to backup an elite RB like LT or Holmes would be phenomenal. Even SA, Green, etc, you'd be looking pretty good.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:46 am

Heny is a talent no doubt about it and would certainly be a top 10 RB or higher if it werent for McGahee. Its just hard knowing what Buffalo wants to do.

Its pretty obvious that if McGahee shows he can play Henry will be traded. So what will Buffalo do?

They need to see enough of McGahee to know if he is the real deal, but they also need to let Henry play to ensure getting a 1st rd pick for him.

Without seeing McGahee actually play since his injury none of us really know what is going to happen or where the situation stands. Lets not forget that he would have been a top 5 or top 10 pick had he not been hurt in the Fiesta bowl. He has(or at least had) the talent to take the team over.

But Henry is a work horse stud who showed what he was really made of last year, which was VERY impressive. Can the organization just turn their backs on a guy who played with a broken leg for a team that was already out of playoff contention?

This situation isnt as simple as saying Henry will be the man or wont be the man.

McGahee has to get a fair number of carries this year. How many is the huge question, and I think it will be anywhere from 100-200
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk