How good is Travis Henry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How good is Travis Henry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:58 am

I think I'm going to go after McGahee with an aluminum bat...take out one of his legs. Then all would be well in the fantasy world (well almost)

The Bills decision of giving McGahee carries just comes down to their own ego and credability. Regardless of how good McGahee is, they feel that they have to play him because they WASTED, YES WASTED...I'm not afraid to say it...a first round pick on him. The fans want a reason for it, and the Bills are just going to do everything they can do give them one. Even if McGahee struggles, he's going to get the carries because of the Bills desire to maintain credability. Unfortunately, they were dead wrong on Travis Henry. And that's just another reason I hate the friggan Bills :-t
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:24 am

deftdelivery wrote:And that's just another reason I hate the friggan Bills :-t

Hmmm, I'm noticing some anger here. I'd like to be the calm rebuttal. I'm very high on Travis Henry, I have him ranked between 10-12, probably an early 2nd rounder. That being said, I think it was a awesome gamble by Donahoe to grab a top 5 pick with the 23rd. Two years from now when Losman, McGahee, Moulds, and Lee Evans are the foundation of that offense, complimenting a top 5 defense, the AFC East will have a new king. I'm sure I'm biased, but look at it from this angle: if these gambles do pay off, all this young talent will be growing into maturity about the same time. The Bills could potentially be a very strong team in a couple years.

But, I digress... Henry is worth a 2nd round pick, anything higher would be a big gamble, anything less would be a steal. Probably wouldn't hurt to grab McGahee in the later rounds if he's available.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:44 am

The Bills could easily be a very good team this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:00 pm

KingGhidra wrote:It looks like the Bills agree with this assessment...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/a ... nrTr00.htm

8-o

Where did you dig that up? Im sure you posted that to show an example of a terrible player analysis, right? I mean, he pretty much was 100% wrong about Henry in that link. Too funny.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:13 pm

I dont know why they risked the pick with McGahee. What if hes a bust after you let Henry go? Henry is pretty much a sure thing now. How incredibly stupid would the Bills organization look if that happens? Henry will still be good, but he wont put up the numbers he should without McGahee behind him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Poobah » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:21 pm

I see Henry more as a 3rd round pick than a 2nd, depending on the size of the league of course. I have him #16 at RB, and behind Manning, Culpepper, Moss, Harrison, and Holt and well. He, Ward, and Chad Johnson are all right there after that. Late 2nd in a 12-team, early 3rd in a 10-team league.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:22 pm

Okay, look at it this way...

They have McGahee, who is a top 5 back if healthy. Now, they let Travis run wild this year, puts up 1400 yrds and 10 tds. Meanwhile, they get McGahee in a few games here and there to test his knee, and they get the warm and fuzzy feeling about his future (nobody can argue that a healthy McGahee is better than a healthy Henry). In the offseason, they deal they're stud Travis for a high first rounder and go into next year's draft with good position to fill the only hole left on defense, a stud pass rusher. So, they have all the skill positions filled on offense, and they've solidified their defense. There are certainly some risks involved, but if it works, boy does it work.

In sincerity, I'm a Bills fan (like you couldn't have guessed), but I like to be realistic. If anybody can give me an argument against my scenario other than "it's a risk", please do, I'd like to see both sides. But keep in mind, I recognize that my scenario is a best case.

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:24 pm

On second thought, if anybody feels that strongly about it, we'll start another thread. We've gotten completely off topic here and monopolized this thread. Let's get back to the original post and discuss Henry's prospects for the upcoming year. My projections are 1300 yrds and 10 tds, while giving some carries to McGahee. Anybody else?

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Ill judge McGahee once he starts playing. Right now Henry is better than him. Ill say for Henry 1200 Yds and 12 TDs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:56 pm

I think you may be listening to McGahee's agent a bit too much, Xtreme. A top 5 RB??? The guy hasent played a down in the NFL. Meanwhile Henry finished as the 8th best RB in 2002 and the 11th best in 2003 while on a broken leg.

Maybe Willie is the next great RB, but lets save that until he plays a few games first, ok?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk