How good is Travis Henry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How good is Travis Henry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Adlaw » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Has no one thought that the cripple might be good for Henry? Can you say push harder to keep my job?
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:18 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe Willie is the next great RB, but lets save that until he plays a few games first, ok?
Why is that a bad assumption? Before he was injured, some had him projected to be #1 overall. He can cut, he has the burst, etc. The only x-factor is the injury, but I'm assuming a full recovery. A big assumption, no question, but if you can get past that assumption, I think he's a top 5. I guess we agree to disagree.

Adlaw wrote:Has no one thought that the cripple might be good for Henry? Can you say push harder to keep my job?
Everyone here in Buffalo, including Henry, knows that this is his last year in Buffalo (assuming that McGahee doesn't fall on his face, literally).
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:43 pm

I like Henry but I've heard that Maghee is fully recovered and blew them away in mini-camp.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:00 pm

Xtreme wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Maybe Willie is the next great RB, but lets save that until he plays a few games first, ok?
Why is that a bad assumption? Before he was injured, some had him projected to be #1 overall. He can cut, he has the burst, etc. The only x-factor is the injury, but I'm assuming a full recovery. A big assumption, no question, but if you can get past that assumption, I think he's a top 5. I guess we agree to disagree.

Adlaw wrote:Has no one thought that the cripple might be good for Henry? Can you say push harder to keep my job?
Everyone here in Buffalo, including Henry, knows that this is his last year in Buffalo (assuming that McGahee doesn't fall on his face, literally).

How do you get past that assumption??? There have been plenty of 1st round running backs picked, without McGehee's type injury, who were busts. And McGehee did have that major injury, so I would say that it would be foolish to assume anything about him at this point. The injury isn't the only "x" factor. His lack of having shown anything in the NFL to this point is just as big a factor. Way too early to project anything like a top 5. If he is top 5 that means he already is better than Ricky Williams, Edge, TAylor, among others. No way.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:11 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I like Henry but I've heard that Maghee is fully recovered and blew them away in mini-camp.

This is how I get past that assumption. The word in Buffalo is that McGahee is truly impressing. And this isn't lip service from the coaches and media. This is from people that have gone to watch them workout. Perhaps they're wrong, and maybe McGahee will be a bust, but the Bills fan in me says to stay positive, we're due.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:45 pm

I recall hearing how great Mcgahee was looking last year when he could still barely run.

When he could, I remember hearing how he was going to play that year.

His agent even garunteed he would make the probowl LAST YEAR.

Of all the things said about Willis so far, none have come to fruitition. Traditionally, he'll need another year to get to full strength from a normal ACL injury. Yet, if I recall his was ACL and MCL and PCL, so who knows. To say that he'll be back to full strength this year might be pushing it.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:51 pm

Yea, personally I think they should wait until Week 6 or 7 to get him into a game as it is pretty risk throwing him into the lineup a year and a half after he wrecked his knee.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:03 pm

I think the Bills handled the situation well. What would be the point of playing McGahee last year? They also know how long it takes to recover from that surgery which is why Henry is not gone already.

McGahee was hands down the best player in college football in 2002. I can't wait to see him play at 80% or wherever he is. Next year look out.

As to the agent comment, who cares. Seems they get paid to promote their clients.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk