Charlie Garner/SD Recievers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charlie Garner/SD Recievers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charlie Garner/SD Recievers

Postby GMoney » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Here are a couple players who could have a fantasy impact and be picked up much later in the draft then their end of year ranking will suggest.

How do you guys think Garner will do at TB? and is he a viable #2 RB? Possibly #1? or will he end up in a RBBC or end up losing the job to some other foo?

Also who will emerge as SD's #1 target? Last year one failed to emerge but that is because of the presence of Boston, and an injury at some point in the year to all the rest of them.? If someone emerges will they put up good enough stats to be a legit #3 WR, ala Travis Taylor a couple years ago?
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:42 pm

I think Garner wont be much more than a #3 RB (unless you get pts for receptions) I believe I read that Gruden wants to limit him to something like 15 carries a game, and Alstott is back and healthy to steal the TDs. Pittman will also be back in week 4 and may take some carries from him

In SD we are pretty much looking at Dyson and Caldwell (ick). My money is going to be on Dyson to be Rivers favorite target, but I dont see 1000 yds in his future
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby clmor » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:48 pm

Servicable 2 depending on why your stuck with him as a two--like you took Moss/Holt or something with your first two picks.

Good 3 in a flex position.

I like Kassim Osgood (spelling?)
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GMoney » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:54 pm

well i took over a dynasty team this year, and the previous owner didnt know the spelling of the words RUNNING BACK.

He left me with William (im going to jail) Green, and Marcell (a 40 year old took my starting job) Shipp.

I also had Harrison, Holt and KRob. Oh yeah and he traded away all my picks too!! (brooks at QB, Franks at TE).

So i had to start trading.... Got rid of KRob and Shipp for the #3 pick, Staley, and Keyshawn....

Traded a 2nd round pick for Garner. Receptions and yards are weigted heavily in this league... TD hawks like moe williams are not valuable.

So im trying to deide if Im left with the decision b/w JJ and Jackson, if I should go with jackson, and be confident in Staley and Garner do be good enough for this year.

But also noticed there had not been a discussion on these 2 topics very much.... and could be helpful.

P.S. Im likin Osgood too.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:58 pm

I'm not a fan of Charlie Garner. People mention how he's reunited with Jon Gruden and that should boost his numbers... in his year with Gruden, he only about 1,500 total yards and 2 total TDs. It was under Bill Callahan that he had his big year - something like 1,800 total yards and 11 total TDs.

Like Flux said, he can have some value if you receive points per receptions, but otherwise - I wouldn't want him as anything more than my #4 RB. He won't have many TDs, if any (Alstott factor), plus between Alstott, Jamel White, and Michael Pittman (possibly Antowain Smith, too), I think it will most likely be a RBBC.

As for San Diego's WRs...

I've heard that San Diego will be going with a WR by committee - no true #1, #2, or #3 guy. I'm not expecting much from Kevin Dyson - he's finished. I've read some good things about Kassim Osgood, but have never seen him play. Eric Parker is a guy who looked decent when he played last year before his injury. If I had to bet on someone to make an impact, it would be him.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby GMoney » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:02 pm

I also remember hearing big things last year abot their expectations for Reche Caldwell. He got injured too last year which slowed his development... But am wondering if it might be his time to step up.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:16 pm

Canacuna wrote:Eric Parker is a guy who looked decent when he played last year before his injury. If I had to bet on someone to make an impact, it would be him.

Beat me to it Canacuna. Parker was a guy I picked up on one of my teams last year because he looked like he was about to have a breakout year. Then he got injured before the season even really began. I'd expect by next year if the Chargers can get anything clicking, him and Caldwell emerge as the #1 and #2, but if I gotta go with one, I want to pick Eric Parker.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby camron1269 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:42 pm

one name nobody is mentioning is ERIC PARKER...last yr when dboston was injured he stepped in and played great.. for a 4th wr on a team with LT and dbostona nd a sucky line and a sucky QB 255 yrds and 3 TD is good... look for him to kick some ass next yr..
colts rule!!

thanks a lot to dayja for the sig!!
camron1269
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:26 pm

camron1269 wrote:one name nobody is mentioning is ERIC PARKER...last yr when dboston was injured he stepped in and played great.. for a 4th wr on a team with LT and dbostona nd a sucky line and a sucky QB 255 yrds and 3 TD is good... look for him to kick some ass next yr..

If you dont count the two previous times he has been mentioned, you're right, he hasnt been mentioned! ;-D
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 pm

none of the chargers WR's will emerge as good fantasy options with LT doing everything on offense boston was a lot more talented then any of these guys and he wasnt even a good fantasy option there cause brees is terrible, only 2 players on there team with fantasy potential are LT and antonio gates TE
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk