Point of view: Jamal Lewis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Point of view: Jamal Lewis

Moderator: Football Moderators

jamal lewis 2003 was a fluke

Postby broncomike » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:55 pm

Jamal Lewis will not put up those kind of numbers ever again(yard-wise). He very well could remain a 1500-1600 yard back for a few years to come, but not 2000+. To me, he is like Jerome Bettis in the early years, add some success against the Cleveland Browns...twice, and you have a 2000 yard back. He won't rack up the Browns again for over 500 yards on the ground. I still think he is a top fantasy back because of the 1500 yards and probably in the 18-23 TD range, but repeat 2000+ yards? Sorry, no.
broncomike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: jamal lewis 2003 was a fluke

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:53 pm

broncomike wrote:Jamal Lewis will not put up those kind of numbers ever again(yard-wise). He very well could remain a 1500-1600 yard back for a few years to come, but not 2000+. To me, he is like Jerome Bettis in the early years, add some success against the Cleveland Browns...twice, and you have a 2000 yard back. He won't rack up the Browns again for over 500 yards on the ground. I still think he is a top fantasy back because of the 1500 yards and probably in the 18-23 TD range, but repeat 2000+ yards? Sorry, no.

18-23 td range!!!!!!!!! last year he played out of his mind and he got 14 touchdowns i doubt he can ever get up to 18-23 tds
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:01 pm

A lot of factors are stacking up against Lewis this season. His situation reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams last year. He's coming off a huge year with a ton of carries. Everyone knows he's getting the ball, everyone knows that he's the #1 option on his team. And then of course there is the pending legal situation.

I think Lewis' carries are ultimately lower this season and this hurts his yardage totals a lot. But I think Lewis' TD stats will suffer the most. If it takes 3 downs for Lewis to rush for a first, compared to the 2 downs it took him last year, Baltimore's drives will be ending that much sooner. Goodbye redzone.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:02 am

Thanks to everyone you contributed. You definitely helped reveal some flaws in my assessment of Lewis. If it weren't for those legal issues, he'd definitely be worthy of his draft spot. If he got more receptions, he'd definitely be a top 5 RB. I should try this exercise more often.
;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk