PREVIEW - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

PREVIEW

Moderator: Football Moderators

PREVIEW

Postby ibeckhami » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:21 am

By Gil Brandt:

Detroit Lions
The team added a lot of people, including a new defensive coordinator in Dick Jauron. Fernando Bryant and Brock Marion will surely help their secondary, and Damien Woody will shore up an already strong offensive line. Those were three very good free-agent signings. The Lions also added a great crop of talent via the draft. Quarterback Joey Harrington will have to use that drafted talent plus other veterans on the roster in order for Detroit to have a chance. He also has to cut down on his interceptions.
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtuhusky » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:03 pm

I could go on and on about how great the draft was for D-Town...but i'm not going to state the obvious.

I think a huge key for the Lions will be how healthy Stephen Alexander is throughout the season. He has been solid when he's healthy..albeit not often..throughout his career.

With Mooch running the West Coast offense, Alexander and Casey "Mr. 7 man college ball" Fitzsimmons will have to have decent years to help free up a talented WR core.
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:47 pm

Far be it from me to question Gil Brandt...but I would have a hard time saying that the Lions O-line was a strong line and though they picked up Woody, the other guard spot will be filled by a career back-up and their center is undersized and oft over-matched. And if Joey gets hurt or just blows they don't have a back-up QB.
Sorry to sound so negative but I too and excited by the Lions' off-season moves, but I can't help but think that they started resting on their laurels and forogt there is still some work to do here.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions