Chad Pennington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Pennington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin' » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:37 pm

i agree with that. i think green is a very good qb. but i like the mistake free nature of pennington. he is so friggin accurate. most of the time when you look at his stats, he is like 21-26. i would rather have that then 25-45 because you know there are some int's in those 45 attempts. pennington has a low int's. but he doesn't throw the ball deep very often which hurts his fantasy numbers. fantasy-wise, i'm kind of split on green and penny.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:56 pm

I think Pennington will be a very good fantasy QB this year, and i hold high expectations for him. I have him at #6.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:15 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If he hadn't gotten hurt and had Warner steal his job, he would have put up as good as if not better numbers than Warner did in St. Louis.

Wow, that's a jump. Warner put up absolutely incredible numbers those first few years with the Rams. I honestly don't know how any QB could do better. His QB rating those years was the best ever. He still holds the best ever QB rating lifetime. I think Green is good but I'm struggling to see him as better than Warner during those Rams SB years.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:46 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:If he hadn't gotten hurt and had Warner steal his job, he would have put up as good as if not better numbers than Warner did in St. Louis.

Wow, that's a jump. Warner put up absolutely incredible numbers those first few years with the Rams. I honestly don't know how any QB could do better. His QB rating those years was the best ever. He still holds the best ever QB rating lifetime. I think Green is good but I'm struggling to see him as better than Warner during those Rams SB years.

If you remember in 2000 when Warner was hurt 5 or 6 games, Green stepped right in an blew up for 16 TD's. He could have done just as well as Warner did.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:50 pm

Green played out of his mind everytime he got the chance. The year Warner got injured, Green led the league in QB Rating for the time he played.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Green played out of his mind everytime he got the chance. The year Warner got injured, Green led the league in QB Rating for the time he played.

Yep. When Kurt Warner started having problems with his thumb, Trent Green would step in and the offense never skipped a beat.

Anyway, I think Chad Pennington is a great real-life QB and has some potential in fantasy-land, but he's a little lower in my rankings.

1. Daunte Culpepper
2. Peyton Manning
3. Donovan McNabb
4. Michael Vick
5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Marc Bulger
7. Trent Green
8. Steve McNair
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Brett Favre
11. Chad Pennington
12. Jeff Garcia
13. Byron Leftwich

...I haven't bothered ranking the rest as of yet.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Green played out of his mind everytime he got the chance. The year Warner got injured, Green led the league in QB Rating for the time he played.

Five or six games does not a season make. How does a record 109 QB rating for a whole season sound. That was Warner in 1999. A 97 lifetime rating compared to Greens 86. I'm sorry but for that three or so year stretch, I don't think Montana or Marino could have done better. A five or six game stretch by Green doesn't really compare. Green has had some very good years at KC but even there in that offense his QB rating isn't where Warners was. You guys sound like MN Vikings fans who after Daunte got hurt last year and Ferotte came in for a few games were saying Ferotte is better than Culpepper (Culpepper btw has a higher lifetime QB rating, 88, than Green also).
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:54 pm

Canacuna wrote:

Yep. When Kurt Warner started having problems with his thumb, Trent Green would step in and the offense never skipped a beat.

Anyway, I think Chad Pennington is a great real-life QB and has some potential in fantasy-land, but he's a little lower in my rankings.

1. Daunte Culpepper
2. Peyton Manning
3. Donovan McNabb
4. Michael Vick
5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Marc Bulger
7. Trent Green
8. Steve McNair
9. Aaron Brooks
10. Brett Favre
11. Chad Pennington
12. Jeff Garcia
13. Byron Leftwich

...I haven't bothered ranking the rest as of yet.

I've got Pennington 7th, behind these top 5 and Green.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Football Newbie » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:09 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:

Five or six games does not a season make. How does a record 109 QB rating for a whole season sound. That was Warner in 1999. A 97 lifetime rating compared to Greens 86. I'm sorry but for that three or so year stretch, I don't think Montana or Marino could have done better. A five or six game stretch by Green doesn't really compare. Green has had some very good years at KC but even there in that offense his QB rating isn't where Warners was. You guys sound like MN Vikings fans who after Daunte got hurt last year and Ferotte came in for a few games were saying Ferotte is better than Culpepper (Culpepper btw has a higher lifetime QB rating, 88, than Green also).

What!?!?!?!? Do not even COMPARE marino and montana to Warner. EVER.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm

The career lifetime rating value is not really applicable, as Warner only played on the uber-stud offence of the Rams and Green has spent time in St. Louis, Kansas City, and Washington.
Warner is not a great QB, he was only surrounded by great players, look at how well Bulger is performing in St. Louis now, and Bulger is nowhere near the QB Trent Green is (yet).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk