Man calls himself "H.B." - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man calls himself "H.B."

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man calls himself "H.B."

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:06 pm

REDWOOD CITY, California (CNN) -- The woman who introduced Scott Peterson to his eventual mistress testified Wednesday in Peterson's double murder trial that when she first met him, Peterson never mentioned being married.

Shawn Sibley also testified that Peterson talked constantly about sex but said he was looking for a "long-term relationship."

Prosecutors have charged Peterson, 31, with murdering his pregnant wife, Laci, and their unborn son, sometime on December 23 or 24, 2002.

Prosecutors are trying to establish that Peterson's affair was the motive for the slaying.

Sibley said she met Peterson at a business conference in October 2002. Sibley -- who was engaged at the time -- said Peterson told her he had "lost" the woman that he believed "was his soulmate" and asked her if she thought that meant he was destined to be alone for the rest of his life.

"He said he hadn't been successful in finding anyone and wanted a long-term relationship. As I got to know him I began to think he was serious," Sibley testified.

Sibley said that after Peterson asked her if she had any "single friends," she thought of Amber Frey, but warned him that Frey had had bad luck with men and was looking for a serious relationship.

Peterson "was very interested in meeting her" and asked whether she was smart and what she looked like, Sibley said.

She said that on December 6 -- after Frey and Peterson began dating -- Sibley found out that Peterson was married and confronted him in a phone call, but he denied it.

Later, Peterson called Sibley back, "sobbing hysterically saying he was sorry he lied, but that he lost his wife," she testified.

Once again, he denied being married and said he wanted to tell Frey himself, said Sibley. He later reported to her that he had told Frey and "he said he couldn't believe how great she was for forgiving him."

Sibley said on December 29, 2002, someone called Frey to tell her that Peterson was the husband of the missing pregnant Modesto housewife, Laci Peterson.

Sibley also testified that Peterson was thinking of having the initials "H.B." added to his business card, which she said stands for "Horny Bastard."

Talking about sex "was a constant thing with him, he always brought it up," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/06/30/peterson.trial/index.html
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Man calls himself "H.B."

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:19 pm

Sibley also testified that Peterson was thinking of having the initials "H.B." added to his business card, which she said stands for "Horny Bastard."

What the hell?

Looks like Peterson is screwed, and not the way he would've wanted.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:21 pm

Too true. :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Homeless » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:04 pm

I REALLY hope they have enough evidence to get this guy. I think its clear, just like the OJ case, that he did it. I worry that material evidence will be lacking and the fact you have to have "beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict, will get him off the hook.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:46 pm

Homeless wrote:I REALLY hope they have enough evidence to get this guy. I think its clear, just like the OJ case, that he did it. I worry that material evidence will be lacking and the fact you have to have "beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict, will get him off the hook.

Same here, if he gets off our justice system lets another one go :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:57 am

How is it you can charge someone for murdering an unborn baby? That seems to be in conflict with abortion laws.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:47 am

KingGhidra wrote:How is it you can charge someone for murdering an unborn baby? That seems to be in conflict with abortion laws.

Laci Peterson was in her late third trimester. Abortion is illegal in the late third trimester.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk