Ronald Reagan in heaven - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ronald Reagan in heaven

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronald Reagan in heaven

Postby Poobah » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:04 pm

Okay, this is a couple weeks late getting on here, but well worth it....

Reagan in heaven
--------------------

Ronald Reagan arrived at the Pearly Gates this week, and was met by St. Peter. Reagan was stunned for a moment. "You mean, I---I'm in?" he asked.

"That's right" said St. Peter. "Come on, man. I'll show you around." He tossed the keys to a brand new Lincoln Town Car at Reagan, and said, "You drive. This is your car, for the rest of eternity."

Reagan was buoyant as they drove along the streets of Heaven, through sunny neighborhoods. Finally they came to a fancy part of town, with big lawns and swimming pools. St. Peter told Reagan that this is where he would be living.

"That's Franklin Roosevelt's house over there," St. Peter pointed out as they drove, "And that's where Albert Einstein lives, next to Madame Curie. Pope John Paul XXIII lives here....and here's your house." They pulled into the driveway, and got out.

As Reagan was looking around, he noticed up in the hills a palace made of shimmering, white granite. He could see it was enormous, with room after room, and terraces with dozens of gold fountains. "That must be where the Lord lives," said Reagan. St. Peter shook his head. "No, that's Ray Charles' place," he said. Reagan's smile faltered for a moment. "Ray Charles lives there? How come all the presidents, scientists and popes live
here, and Ray Charles lives up in that palace? I don't get it."

St. Peter chuckled. "Ronnie," he said, "Presidents and Popes are a dime a dozen. But baby, there's only one Ray Charles."
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:22 pm

A thumbs up on that one!!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:10 pm

Im sorry, but if someone told me I had to drive a Lincoln towncar for all eternity, i'd throw back the keys and check out what they offered in hell :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:42 pm

lol at homey :-b

and Poo you get a hehehe ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Flockers » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:55 pm

That's pretty good. ;-D

I'd rather have a 76' Dodge Charger though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Homeless wrote:Im sorry, but if someone told me I had to drive a Lincoln towncar for all eternity, i'd throw back the keys and check out what they offered in hell :-b

I dont know - are you allowed to pimp out the Lincoln? Cause it could be a pretty ride if done right: Bright orange exterior, lime green furr interior, chrome everything, hydraulics, neon undercarriage lights, dice on the mirror, a vanity plate that read pmpn4vr.

I can see it now... :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk