Bobby Shaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bobby Shaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:53 pm

Ghidra, you forgot one thing: Moulds is always bad in odd years and great in even years. The coaches probably know this, and Evans is thought very highly of. I predict a nice year for moulds, 1300 Yds, 10 TDs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:09 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ghidra, you forgot one thing: Moulds is always bad in odd years and great in even years. The coaches probably know this, and Evans is thought very highly of. I predict a nice year for moulds, 1300 Yds, 10 TDs.

I knew that, I was referring to Evans and Josh Reed. Shaw is better than both of them as of right now. Reed's a bigger guy, so it might be taking him longer to learn how to use his size to his advantage. If Reed's back in the slot, that means he'll only be on the field for 3 WR sets.

Your predictions are a bit lofty for a team that's going to be scoring about 13 points per game.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:29 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ghidra, you forgot one thing: Moulds is always bad in odd years and great in even years. The coaches probably know this, and Evans is thought very highly of. I predict a nice year for moulds, 1300 Yds, 10 TDs.

Even in Moulds best season (2002) he only had 1292 and 10, I highly doubt that he would put up better numbers this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:57 pm

8 yards better? I believe thats fairly reasonable. :-b I should have said 1200-1300 but I just said 1300 as a maximum.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:28 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Bobby Shaw was the most consistent WR on the Bills last year. How did he suddenly go to 4th in everyone's minds behind a rookie and a guy he was better than last year.

/nods

But still...trying to evoke a concise estimation of the fantasy value in Buffalo's offense is like....well...it's f'ing difficult.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:50 pm

Moulds is of course the #1, and I would bet money Reed and/or Evans will be ahead of Evans because of their potential. I am interested to see how they mix everything up. I am estimating it to go
1-Moulds
2-Evans
3-Reed
4-Shaw
5-C Johnson (if they still have him, havent seen anything)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:50 pm

Here's some info on this

-- Bills Passing Game Plan --
Wed Jul 7, 2004

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Buffalo Bills are taking steps to reduce the pressure on QB Drew Bledsoe, who has been sacked 103 times over the last two seasons. The Bills will use rookie WR Lee Evans' 4.3 speed at the split end position. That might free up coverage against WR Eric Moulds and give WR Josh Reed more of a chance to get into the open field in three-receiver sets. The Bills will also involve the running backs more in the passing game. Former OC Kevin Gilbride didn't utilize RB Travis Henry as much in the passing offense last year. Henry went from 43 catches to 28, but he's a good receiver. So is RB Willis McGahee. With all of these receiving targets, the Bills are looking to improve upon their 30th ranked offense and their 10.5 yard per catch numbers.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:57 pm

Shaw has been around awhile and has never stepped up.

Forget his name.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:06 pm

I notcied that also, after a thousand yard season, he has a cruddy season, but the next year he has another 1,000 yard season.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 pm

petey wrote:Shaw has been around awhile and has never stepped up.

Forget his name.

I didn't even know there was an NFL player named Bobby Shaw until I flipped on Madden 2004.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk