Postby tareed1979 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:35 pm

Can I get on the alternate list?
tareed1979
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:35 pm

CBM, tareed, and anyone else:
If you would like to join as an alternate, please PM me with a pokerroom.com account name and you'll be listed as an alternate. Thank you.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:45 am

i woulod be in, when i get home frmo work ill get this software and then get a username.

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:44 am

Just a reminder to anyone interested in participating -- you need to PM me with your http://www.pokerroom.com account name so that I can put you on the list. There is no download required for PokerRoom, you just need to signup for an account!

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:01 pm

I PMd my confirmation a few days ago. Can you make a list of everyone that PMd you with a confirmation?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:33 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I PMd my confirmation a few days ago. Can you make a list of everyone that PMd you with a confirmation?

The people that have confirmed with me have their PokerRoom account name in bold next to their cafe name a few posts above. ;-D

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:43 pm

The last day I can do this is July 14th, after that I'm gone until August 1st (which is my league draft date).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:47 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I PMd my confirmation a few days ago. Can you make a list of everyone that PMd you with a confirmation?

The people that have confirmed with me have their PokerRoom account name in bold next to their cafe name a few posts above. ;-D

Got it.

If the company nurse comes by, tell her I said nevermind.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:46 am

Well, Bennett4Prez didn't respond to my PM, so he's out (or is at least demoted to alternate). So congrats to Nebbie2004, he is now a starter. Mookie4Ever and I are still trying to figure out whether he will be better suited as an alternate than a starter (possible time conflicts). So if Mookie can't play full-time, Flockers will probably get the spot.

As you all know, we will be playing at http://www.pokerroom.com. Everyone should have an account there. The first tournament is scheduled for Wednesday, July 14th at 9pm EST. Here's how it will work.

Everyone (starters and alternates) will report to the Cafe chatroom at least 15 minutes before the game is scheduled to begin (so, by 8:45pm EST). Once everyone is there, we will figure out who will be playing that game. Once we have 10 players (ideally, all starters, but if we have alternates in starting spots that's fine too), I will open the PokerRoom table and you can all sign up. The table will be called "Gambro's NL HoldEm Table", or something similar.

Now for the rules of the game. Each participant at the table will Buy-in for $1000 (play money). If ever you are lacking sufficient funds, you can go to "My Account" and refill your account to $1000. The game will be NL Texas Hold'Em, with the blinds at $10-$20. When you arrive at the table, you will not be able to start playing until you click the "Sit In" button. Please DO NOT click this until everyone is there; we wouldn't want to start playing without half the table! Just like a tournament, we will play until there is one player standing; he will be declared champion. Since this is a Tour, cumulative stats will be kept. The prize pool will be $10,000 per tournament ($1000 per player x 10 players = $10,000 ;-D ). The breakdown will go as follows:
1st place: $5000
2nd place: $250
3rd place: $1500
4th place: $1000
The tour will be a series of 6 tournaments. The player with the most "money" will be declared the Tour champion. Perhaps we can get a logo designed (a Poker chip perhaps, since the "Cafe Ace" logo is already a card).

If you have any questions or think I left something out, or just want to talk about the Tour or anything else, PM, AIM, or post here!

PS-If anyone is still interested in being an alternate, please let me know, we could use a few more.
Last edited by The Great Gambini on Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk