Cafe Poker Tour - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Cafe Poker Tour

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:40 am

I just realized this is a no limit tournament. Isn't that kinda silly for a $500 buy in?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:25 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I just realized this is a no limit tournament. Isn't that kinda silly for a $500 buy in?

I'm not sure what you mean. What's silly?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:32 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:I just realized this is a no limit tournament. Isn't that kinda silly for a $500 buy in?

I'm not sure what you mean. What's silly?

With $10/20 blinds, no limit and only a $500 bankroll it seems like it's gonna be over really quick.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:52 pm

I think the way it is set up currently is fine, but if others agree with KG, we can tweak the settings, no big deal.

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FeArMeNtL » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:40 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:I think the way it is set up currently is fine, but if others agree with KG, we can tweak the settings, no big deal.

LoL I was the one that pointed the No Limit part to him and I too think its rediculous to have 500 for a no limit 10/20 game. We need to bump it in the thousands(meaning a couple) and it would be much easier to play IMO.
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nebbie2004 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:17 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:I think the way it is set up currently is fine, but if others agree with KG, we can tweak the settings, no big deal.

LoL I was the one that pointed the No Limit part to him and I too think its rediculous to have 500 for a no limit 10/20 game. We need to bump it in the thousands(meaning a couple) and it would be much easier to play IMO.

Most of you guys must of never played on pr.com because the buyin is 500(500+50) but you start the match with 1500 and the blinds start at 10/20 but they increast every 10 hands!

also, only the top 3 postions get paid!

1) 2500
2) 1000
3) 500

that's way it's setup at PR!!
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby nebbie2004 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:25 am

Also, you canT have private tournament tables, you have to only private tables for ring games, also, if you were gonna do PR.com, were gonna have to RUSH a reg. tournament table so noone else joins!

THAT'S WHY THE CHAT IS A GOOD IDEA! ;-D

(TO GIVE OUT SEATING)
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:51 am

We are not playing an actual tournament, I thought I had explained that. You cannot create private tourneys, so I am creating a private table where we just play a game. It will be the same pretty much as a tourney, since we are all buying in for the same amount. Since it's not a tourney, blinds do not increase, and we are not actually "getting paid" by PokerRoom. We are just keeping track of the $$ ourselves in order to keep standings for the series of tournaments. I don't think that the money will be a problem, but if you'd rather start with $1000, or lower the blinds to $5/$10, let me know, please.

The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:09 am

The Great Gambini wrote:We are not playing an actual tournament, I thought I had explained that. You cannot create private tourneys, so I am creating a private table where we just play a game. It will be the same pretty much as a tourney, since we are all buying in for the same amount. Since it's not a tourney, blinds do not increase, and we are not actually "getting paid" by PokerRoom. We are just keeping track of the $$ ourselves in order to keep standings for the series of tournaments. I don't think that the money will be a problem, but if you'd rather start with $1000, or lower the blinds to $5/$10, let me know, please.

How about $5000 and 100/200 to make it quicker and better game to play some holdem ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:32 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:
The Great Gambini wrote:We are not playing an actual tournament, I thought I had explained that. You cannot create private tourneys, so I am creating a private table where we just play a game. It will be the same pretty much as a tourney, since we are all buying in for the same amount. Since it's not a tourney, blinds do not increase, and we are not actually "getting paid" by PokerRoom. We are just keeping track of the $$ ourselves in order to keep standings for the series of tournaments. I don't think that the money will be a problem, but if you'd rather start with $1000, or lower the blinds to $5/$10, let me know, please.

How about $5000 and 100/200 to make it quicker and better game to play some holdem ;-D

Not everyone will have $5000. Most of the people haven't played on PR before, so they most anyone will have is $1000. I'd rather we just use the full $1000 and keep everything else the same.

:-)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk