Milwaukee Area 2 Keeper Live Draft, Est. 1998, 12 team, $110 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Milwaukee Area 2 Keeper Live Draft, Est. 1998, 12 team, $110

Moderator: Football Moderators

Milwaukee Area 2 Keeper Live Draft, Est. 1998, 12 team, $110

Postby Brew City » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:29 am

Hello. I need 4 enthusiastic owners committed to fantasy football to play in my Milwaukee based league. The draft is LIVE. However, the league actually takes place on CBS Sportsline (though I'm toying with going over to MyFantasyLeague). The point is, if you can make it for the draft, then you're eligible to be in the league. In fact, I have one owner in Utah and one owner in Florida.

This is a fun league. Competition is great, SMACK is wonderful, but keep everything in perspective.

Oh, fees... The entrance fee is $110 (unless we go with MFL, then it'll be slightly less). The payout is 100% after operating costs. Six (6) teams make the playoffs and every team that makes the playoffs wins something. If you can even place 4th, you get your entrance fee back.

Oh, we also have transaction fees, so generally only the teams that really need a player actually get them off of waivers. Furthermore, there's a bid system in place for free agents, so if you want a player bad enough, you can have him (as long as you still have bid points remaining). Also, trading is a integral part of the league.

None of the teams available would be considered in a deficit (they haven't traded away their futures for one good year). In fact, they are all in quite good order. However, the teams will be assigned to the new owners randomly (diceroll), since I don't want someone to come on board for one year because of the team they would inherit (and yes, some of the available teams are in quite a great position).

Rosters are 18 players. Starting lineup includes: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF/ST, 1 RB/WR/TE. There is a revolving trophy for both the Champion and the Toilet Bowl winner. Draft position is based on your finish in the previous year, the winner of the Toilet Bowl (7th place overall) gets their choice of draft position, followed by the remaining teams of the Toilet Bowl championship bracket (7-12). Then, the reverse order of the Championship bracket (6-1). This keeps all teams playing hard to the end. You MAY keep up to 2 players from the previous season, but you are not required to keep any if you choose. If you keep players, you lose selections from the front end of the draft (keep one, lose first round; keep two, lose first two rounds).

If you'd like to learn more, drop me an e-mail. I'd be happy to fill in the details and send you a copy of the rules if you're really interested.

Jeremy Basterash
mailto:jbasterash@aol.com
Cell: 847-323-5016
Brew City
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds