Poll: Best Super Bowl EVER - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Poll: Best Super Bowl EVER

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Super Bowl EVER

SB I: GB 35 KC 10 - 1st
4%
SB III: NYJ 16 Balt 7 - Joe Willie Namath.
9%
SB XIII: Pitt 35 Dal 31 - Bradshaw 318yds/4TD
13%
SB XX: Chi 46 NE 10 - Da Bears
9%
SB XXIII: SF 20 Cinn 16 - Montana w/57 secs left
9%
SB XXV: NYG 20 Buff 19 - Wide right
17%
SB XXXIV: StL 23 Tenn 16 - 1 yard short
26%
SB XXXVI: NE 20 StL 12 - Vinatieri w/7 secs left
9%
Other
4%

Total votes : 23

Re: Poll: Best Super Bowl EVER

Postby stomperrob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:12 pm

knapplc wrote:Easily the Bears. That was also perhaps the greatest team ever (although the 2007 Patsies are giving the Bears a good run).

I voted for my Steelers 'cause that was one great SB. As seasons go , gotta agree with ya on that Bears team - far more impresive in my mind than the Dolphins undefeated season (they faced a lotta subpar teams that year to compile that record).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:18 pm

stomperrob wrote:I voted for my Steelers 'cause that was one great SB. As seasons go , gotta agree with ya on that Bears team - far more impresive in my mind than the Dolphins undefeated season (they faced a lotta subpar teams that year to compile that record).

I think that SB may have been the game that turned me on to pro football. I barely watched before then (I was seven when they played that game, I think). It was Husker Football or nothing. I refused to watch the Bears with my Dad before then, and really didn't become a Bears fan until some Thanksgiving game in the early 80s. I think they lost to the Lions, but I liked them after that game.

Before that I was a Dallas fan, mostly because all my friends in grade school were Cowboys fans, but also because when we played on the playground I was always Tony Dorsett (I even had a #33 Dorsett Jersey).

Thank God I came to my senses. ;-D :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:09 pm

8-o

Not counting my beloved Cowboys Super Bowl wins, I'd have to go with New England vs St. Louis. Epic game. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Caution schmaution!

We're supposed to use the Search function and not make a gazillion threads for every little topic. I thought about a poll like this, and lo and behold, not only has it already been done (although I would have put something in there about the four Bills SBs of the 90s), the poll is still open.

There's nothing wrong with old threads.

Besides, this bump has already garnered more votes than this poll got when I found it. I think there were six votes before I bumped it up to the top. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:20 pm

knapplc wrote:Caution schmaution!

We're supposed to use the Search function and not make a gazillion threads for every little topic. I thought about a poll like this, and lo and behold, not only has it already been done (although I would have put something in there about the four Bills SBs of the 90s), the poll is still open.

There's nothing wrong with old threads.

Besides, this bump has already garnered more votes than this poll got when I found it. I think there were six votes before I bumped it up to the top. :-D

I know but this thread is ancient (in the cafe timeline). :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:49 pm

I saw Weazel, Dazed, Arlo and Slowkidz and I had to bump it, though. It was almost exactly like the poll I wanted, and seeing those names made me nostalgic.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm

I would have to say the Tennessee STL Superbowl cause its one of the only ones I remember. And it was a heck of a Superbowl.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:31 pm

Steelers over Seahawks. :-B
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk