Hot Dog Eating Contest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hot Dog Eating Contest

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:25 pm

Interesting theory, Fear! I suppose that could happen...

It's not really how heavy you are (obviously), it's all about how much you can stretch an organ (in this case, the stomach). They showed what 50 hot dogs in a stomach would look like...it was about the size of a volleyball. :-o

This guy is a freak of nature. In Japan, they get paid a ton of cash to do eating shows...that's why they are so good. If America had a demented appeal for competitive eating, I'm sure someone would be able to challenge him. But for now, he's the King...and even Cana has to bow to this guy. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:39 pm

If America had a demented appeal for competitive eating, I'm sure someone would be able to challenge him.

LOL, you Americans think you could be the best at anything if you put your minds to it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:58 pm

ok...America, Canada, Liechtenstein, I don't care who...someone just start training their stomach lining to expand to 5 times normal size and beat this scrawny guy. It will really get the competitive and digestive juices flowing! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:02 am

Heres the thing. Americans enjoy the food. Japanese do it for the money and get what they can so they scarf and dont mess around. :-?
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:37 am

FeArMeNtL wrote:Heres the thing. Americans enjoy the food. Japanese do it for the money and get what they can so they scarf and dont mess around. :-?

I dont know if anybody could "enjoy" more than 2 hot dogs, let alone 50+ ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:42 am

Well hell man the dude puts his bread in water.......soggy bread isnt enjoying a hot dog. :-t
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Petey » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:04 pm

I saw a special on the Japanese guy that was winning all of them before Kobayashi. They said the fatter guys don't do as well because the layer of fat under their skin stops the stomach from expanding more. The skinny guys after getting used to it, can almost expand as far as possible. The guy on the show only ate like 27 or something and his waist went from 27in to 38 and he gained 17lbs.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk