Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden or ESPN Football

Madden 2005
84%
ESPN Football 2005
16%

Total votes : 38

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:11 am

i gotta go with madden, despite the extremely tiresome commentary (which i turn off) i havent played franchise on ESPN but it is pretty easy in madden. especially the drafts. i mean this year there were 7 wrs taken in the first round right, a new record? i had one draft where the computer had 7 wrs in the first 15. there are just some tweaks that hopefully madden can get rid of for 2005.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Play Maker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:53 pm

Hope they fix the trading a 1st round pick for a 1st,2nd & 3rd or 4th picks in next years madden, cause its so easy to build it in 04.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ibeckhami » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:52 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Wtf are you people saying "choose ESPN for gameplay" smoking??? You have it completely mixed up. Madden is king because of GAMEPLAY. ESPN has tried adding all these gay little features like cribs and highlights, and beefy graphics, but the reason no game will be able to catch up to Madden for a long long time is because Madden's gameplay is years beyond what the other guys are putting out.

madden's gameplay, franchise mode, and everything else is better than that of ESPN's... it's all about MADDEN
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ibeckhami » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:55 pm

portisfan24 wrote:i gotta go with madden, despite the extremely tiresome commentary (which i turn off) i havent played franchise on ESPN but it is pretty easy in madden. especially the drafts. i mean this year there were 7 wrs taken in the first round right, a new record? i had one draft where the computer had 7 wrs in the first 15. there are just some tweaks that hopefully madden can get rid of for 2005.

that's odd... the computer seems to draft with a variety when i'm playing.. although the computer does have some dumb picks...
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ibeckhami » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:57 pm

yeah the commentary does suck.. if you've ever asked madden on offense, you'll notice that he says "tell your line to protect here, tell your line to protect every play, not just here".. thanks madden... ill be sure to TELL MY LINE to protect...
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:58 pm

Alright...after buying ESPN I'm curious if anyone else is having problems with the commentaty/audio...I find that a lot of the time the announcers get caught repeating the same thing over and over and over...hardware issue or is it the crappy first release bugs?

I'm liking the gameplay and presentation...but the problems with the audio actually end up slowing the game down at times. Incredibly frustrating.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:01 pm

Monty wrote:MMMMMAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEENNNNNN

OK, Monty, that's twice in one thread that you've posted a pointless, one word response. Now, you've got this beautiful sig that someone worked hard on despite your lack of meaningful and contributing posts. Remember that argument about your pointless posts? How about making a real one for once.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Monty » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:44 pm

you gotta calm down, ive made plenty, check out roster ratings and FF Talk
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:15 pm

he's right though, monty.

one "MAAAADDDEENNN" would have sufficed...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:57 pm

awwchrist wrote:Alright...after buying ESPN I'm curious if anyone else is having problems with the commentaty/audio...I find that a lot of the time the announcers get caught repeating the same thing over and over and over...hardware issue or is it the crappy first release bugs?

I'm liking the gameplay and presentation...but the problems with the audio actually end up slowing the game down at times. Incredibly frustrating.

When you say annoucers repeating the same thing over and over... is it along the lines of, "Boss Bailey has a linebackers name," being said every time you land a tackle with him - the announcers don't exactly have the broadest array of phrases (although I'll take it over Madden's commentary). ...or is it a glitch? I've never had anything repeated over and over again without having someone (let's say Boss Bailey) doing something (let's say making a tackle) which would have me forced to listen to an announcer saying, "Boss Bailey has a linebackers name" with every tackle - thus repeating himself over and over again. It's never anything like, "Seahawks score a TD. Seahawks score a TD. Seahawks score a TD. Seahawks score a TD. Seahawks score a TD."

...or basically, The 'Cuna has had no audio problems.

The gameplay and the presentation are both... ;-D ;-D
Last edited by Canacuna on Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games