Looking for expansion squads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Looking for expansion squads

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for expansion squads

Postby cplot » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:03 am

3rd year keeper league looking for 1 or 2 more active managers. We cut alot of dead wait at the end of last season, and are looking to add a few expansion teams.

Basic rules...Keep full rosters, each team started with $30(play money), FA cost money, players over 30 cost $ to be resigned. Basic Yahoo scoring. Currently have 13 active managers that are on Im daily talking trades, need 1-3 more. Send email to mailto:crpst23@hotmail.com, and i'll send u a more detailed rules list. [/quote]
cplot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

here are the rules(it may sound complex)

Postby cplot » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:09 pm

These may sound complex, but its really not, we have 11 very active people that will help sort things out for you. These rules are not set in stone, they are always open for discussions.

1. This is a keeper league. (I think we all knew that one)

2. The Draft for following seasons will be according to our league's actual standings
with the exception of this 2004 draft due to the expansion squads.

3. Team only have the players that are on their 30 man rosters. EACH
YEARS ROOKIE CLASS WILL GO INTO THE FA POOL AND WILL BE
AVAILABLE IN THE START OF THE SEASON DRAFT. This actually works out to be a 25 man Yahoo roster and a 5 man taxi squad. You can bring players back and forth between these two, as long as ur roster remains updated.

4. Each teams 30 man roster must be turned in by the week before the start of the season. By turnedin i mean listed on the group page in thier team file. I will then create a file with all teams protected rosterso it will be easier for everyone to goto one page and seeall the protected rosters. THE 30 MAN ROSTERS MUST BE KEPT UP TO DATE ANY TEAM THAT DOES NOT UPDATE THIER ROSTER WILL LOSE ANY PLAYER IN QUESTION AND BE PENALIZED A DRAFT PICK EACH TIME THE ROSTER IS NOT UPDATED!!!!!! THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED AS I WILL CHECK EVERYONE'S ROSTER WEEKLY!!!!!! AND NO I WONT UPDATE ANYONES FOR THEM SO DONT ASK!!!!!!

5. FA signings are done thru waiver priority, every wednesday anyone who wants a FA needs to send a list to me at mailto:crpst23@hotmail.com, with the player u want, his rank, the player u will drop(if u dont have the spot) and their rank. I will be posting the results on friday evening at the latest.

Any FA that u sign must kept on ur roster for at least 4 weeks.
6. The signing of
FA will go like this according to rank:

1-25 20
26-50 18
51-75 16
76-100 14
101-125 12
126-150 10
151-200 8
201-300 6
301-400 4
400+ 2
****new for 2004***
All teams must do resignings as normal..teams can sign players to multi year deals at this point. Multi year deal-Player is signed for half of value for next year(like normal)
A top player $20 in FA, costs $10 to resign..YOu can then pick up a 2nd year option for 3/4 of his resigning cost...This same player would cost $7.50 for the 2nd year of this contract...Year 3 would then cost half of the orig value..i.e. $10/2= $5 for year 3...So to resign the top player, one would need $22.50 to have him locked for 3 years or u can sign as before for $10 for one season.
I believe this rule will be very beneficial to all teams, your over 30 guys will have alot more trade value if the other team doesnt have to resign them.

Any player signed to a multiyear deal cannot be cut, u either trade him or keep him till his deal runs out.
All players are undercontract until they are 30 years old then they are FA they may be bought back if wished for half price. if not they are avaible for the next draft, all players that are over 30 on current rosters must be resigned at the end of this season.

8. You earn money by how well ur team does.

each week won = 3$
each tie = 1$
playoff birth = 5$
playoff win = 5$
end of year finish 1-6 =10$
7 place = 11$
8 place = 12$ and so on

9. Trades
A poll must be created for any accepted deals. 14 teams- 2 people involved, means 6 votes are needed to veto a deal.

10.We will be adding 3 new managers to this league
to get the total back to 14 teams. Gilbert is gone,
Redskins owner is gone, and we had one empty spot last
year. The offseason will go in the following order
1. 2. All Teams must put up 5 players for the expansion draft
1. Two of these players must be in the top 400
2. Two of these players must be under 30
3. Two of these players must be on offense
The three new teams will then be conducting a draft, they
will be able to choose from the 2 abadoned squads of teams
and from this group of expansion players. When one of your
guys gets taken in the expansion draft: 1) ONLY lose a max of 2, no more pulling back players 2) you get full value of the guy taken, if your
guy is worth $20 and you spent $10 to resign him, you will
get the full $20 back.
cplot
Water Boy
Water Boy

one more thang

Postby cplot » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:30 am

This league has decided to start over. I need 2 good managers to join in for a live yahoo draft. We will be using the same rules, u keep the whole roster and must pay money(non real)to keep guys over. Please PM or email me if interested. I need 2 guys who are willing to commit and are active on IM with trades.
cplot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:56 am

Im interested but Aim me at nebbie200444
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby stoxman » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:30 pm