NCAA vs. Madden - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

NCAA vs. Madden

Moderator: Football Moderators

NCAA vs. Madden

Postby terpfan » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:12 pm

I've been thinking about getting NCAA 2005 when it comes out next week to get my fix before Madden comes out a month later. So my question is to people that have both, are the games different enough for it to be worth it to get both? I'm sure i would enjoy playing with the Terps, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to shell out another $50 for a very similiar game.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:12 pm

I'm getting both. I like NCAA because it has a different feel than Madden. I don't know what it is. I guess it's just the College atmosphere in the game. I buy both and will continue to. Just like I buy March Madness and NBA Live.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CKY_ROX » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:16 pm

im pretty shure that this is wat ur looknig for http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61937

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:14 pm

That's a thread about which is better, this is one about whether or not they're different enough to warrant a purchase of both.

I'm with Flockers on this one: I always get both, NCAA just has a different "feel" to it. I just love the atmosphere and love playing as my Gators much more than any NFL team. There's just something about seeing a stadium you've spent so much time in. The crowds are louder and stuff too, it's great when it's a close game with one of your rivals that you legitimately hate and the crowd is roaring, and that was before the 2005 version, this year that aspect should be even better as they've put alot of time into home-field advantage.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:52 pm

Yep, Im gettin both. They are much different. Winning means a different thing of course, more teams, all the stuff you know. But like everyone said, there is something different about the game. The feel i so much different. The crowds are much better IMO too. I personally like dynasty in Madden and the gameplay, but in NCAA I think the rivalry and struggles for a bowl game are exciting. I suggest getting both
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:08 pm

The gameplay and feel of the games are really deifferent plus by having the ncaa game u can upload those draft rosters later on to madden... If your a big colleg football fane u gotta get both.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:34 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:The gameplay and feel of the games are really deifferent plus by having the ncaa game u can upload those draft rosters later on to madden... If your a big colleg football fane u gotta get both.

The only problem I have w/ imported draft classes is that the players are rated the same. The need to be dropped from 12-18 overall for it to appeal to me.

Or they need some sort of a transfer scale to not have rookies rated 99 and stuff, because it's a little unfair IMO.
Last edited by Flockers on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby terpfan » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:35 pm

Flockers wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:The gameplay and feel of the games are really deifferent plus by having the ncaa game u can upload those draft rosters later on to madden... If your a big colleg football fane u gotta get both.

The only problem I have w/ imported draft classes is that the players are rated the same. The need to be dropped from 12-18 overall for it to appeal to me.

are they really rated the same? that doesnt make very much sense...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:12 pm

The ratings aren't the same...they drop a bit. For example, Eli Manning came into Madden as like a 75 in a draft class, after being like a 95 in NCAA. The difference is different for all players, Kellen Winslow, for example, was still pretty highly rated.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:47 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:The ratings aren't the same...they drop a bit. For example, Eli Manning came into Madden as like a 75 in a draft class, after being like a 95 in NCAA. The difference is different for all players, Kellen Winslow, for example, was still pretty highly rated.

Whoops. I have never tried to import, but my friend told me that it does. Sorry, I guess I should get the facts staright. Sorry for all the fuss and confusion, I'm such an idiot. :-t
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Video Games