*NEW* Updated Yahoo! Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

*NEW* Updated Yahoo! Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:46 am

BESMIRCHED wrote:yah dont care about the rankings...i mean everyone has there own cheatsheet...so who cares what yahoo does...

i mean i like it...say i join a public league and play with ppl that dont know that much about FF...they will just draft whoever they see as the best available

i rather have yahoo not rank any of them at all...just list them by alphabetical order...

well yahoo rankings make it easier to keep track of whos been taken...

some fun underankings...

rudi johnson at 47... lower than willie green and troy hambrick.

joe horn and derrick mason at 71 and 72... below guys like ike hilliard, kevin faulk, and terry glenn. and immediately before eddie kennison and johnnie morton.

wrs walkers, price, and burress at 100-102 behind ituli mili, troy edwards, and bobby shaw.

aaron brooks squeeks in at 172, just beating out j. dunn(173), g. wrighster(174), and t. yoder(183).

charles rogers is ranked 275... id rather have guys like c. mustard (huh?) and chris doering...

drew bledsoe gets 395... behind so many guys ive never heard of i could never type them all out. even rick mirer beat him out! :-B

silly yahoo... they should hire me to rank some players for them.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Play Maker » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:05 am

BESMIRCHED wrote:yah dont care about the rankings...i mean everyone has there own cheatsheet...so who cares what yahoo does...

i mean i like it...say i join a public league and play with ppl that dont know that much about FF...they will just draft whoever they see as the best available

i rather have yahoo not rank any of them at all...just list them by alphabetical order...

Gotta remeber yahoo is noob friendly, like with there fantasy baseball drafts to give people with little knowledge or 1st season a chance. But the pre-ranks will change.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:58 am

Free Bagel wrote:Seriously, just stop wasting your time analyzing these. They're gonna keep changing, and by the time the glut of drafts start taking place they will be perfectly good rankings.

Free Bagel wrote:Seriously, just stop wasting your time analyzing these. They're gonna keep changing, and by the time the glut of drafts start taking place they will be perfectly good rankings.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:03 am

terpfan wrote:

charles rogers is ranked 275... id rather have guys like c. mustard (huh?) and chris doering...

silly yahoo... they should hire me to rank some players for them.

Woah. Colonel Mustard plays football? Watch out for the candlestick!
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:14 am

Free Bagel wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down Bagel, we're just killing time. Anticipation is building and we have to do anything possible to distract ourselves while we wait for September. ;)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So......... FB, what do you think about these pre-season rankings?

:-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:50 am

I think they're fantastic.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:05 am

I agree that I wouldn't use Yahoo for my main cheat sheet, but I don't totally disregard them, either. I compare my sheet to what Yahoo has and take into effect reasons that they're "off-base" in many of their predictions.

I'm assuming that they rank players in regards to how they think they'll do this year, not totally on last year's stats. Portis is very low IMO, yet I can imagine he's that low to them because they're majorly concerned about him switching teams, playing behind a flimsier offensive line, the fact that he's a smaller back with some injury concerns. Would I still take a chance on him early in the first round? Possibly.

Rudi Johnson is very low IMO. Yet, the Bengals didn't show total confidence themselves in Rudi when they drafted one of the best RBs in the draft this year. They also have a pretty hard schedule and Rudi has yet to show he has the endurance to play a full season. Many are taking him in the middle second round. Would I take a proven, consistent WR or QB (Moss, Harrison, Manning, Culpepper) before Rudi? Maybe.

Stephen Davis is very high IMO considering he's old and will be losing more carries to DeShaun. I personally don't have much faith in him being a top back again. However, remember that Davis put up some big games in an offense that featured him. I remember last year having similar concerns about Ahman Green (That he would be losing a significant number of carries to Najeh Davenport). However, Green wound up having a big year. I don't expect Davis to do the same, but we can't totally forget about Davis based solely on him possibly losing touches (early to predict that, let's watch preseason games first).

Overall, I wouldn't draft in this fashion, for sure. However, I will average these rankings into my own overall cheat sheet. A couple guys may move up or down a spot or two, and I think the reasoning behind the rankings needs to be considered before forgetting about them totally.

(Again, I will make my own rankings before my draft. I may take into effect these rankings. I'm willing to check out every angle possible before making my educated guesses at draft time).
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:44 pm

haha, chill bagel boy im just having some fun with it.

i dont understand why they wouldnt just fix the rankings before signups start. i could rank them a week or so...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby arrbez » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:43 pm

i love when the lists are screwed up. i got aaron brooks in the 11th round of a 10 team league yesterday :D
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk