strength of schedule - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

strength of schedule

Moderator: Football Moderators

strength of schedule

Postby noobscoob » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:43 pm

hey does anybody have a good link for strength of schedule stats for next year? with both run and pass charts?
noobscoob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:33 pm

I haven't found any online but Fantasy Football Weekly magazine has an excellent team by team ranking of SOS if you want to pay $7.00 for a mag.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:41 pm

fantasyguru.com mag has it... you might be able to find it on the site as well.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Spokes » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:13 am

Best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones in you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw, you should watch yo' mouth...'cause I break yo' face!"
Spokes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pttwo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 am

Nice link Spokes.

How much does SoS figure into people's draft strategy (i. e. cheat sheets)? I hear a lot of talk about Cincinatti's bear of a schedule (especially re: r. johnson) but haven't heard much about that in the debate between lt2 and priest (14th easiest run schedule vs. 3rd hardest). Are green and portis really going to outperform lewis given their schedules (tied for 5th hardest) versus the cakewalk of baltimore's?

I'm not saying SoS is gospel but it can be a useful factor is ranking relatively equal players.
pttwo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:11 pm

pttwo wrote:How much does SoS figure into people's draft strategy (i. e. cheat sheets)?

For me it matters very little until I get into the later rounds. I am going to select Holmes or LT or anyone in the first 10 rounds regardless of SOS. I think it's a useful tool later in the draft when choosing between a few equally valued options.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:For me it matters very little until I get into the later rounds. I am going to select Holmes or LT or anyone in the first 10 rounds regardless of SOS. I think it's a useful tool later in the draft when choosing between a few equally valued options.

Whats up Amazinz.

First of all - be careful when using SOS. I think its a very relavant and important tool to use - just make sure its used correctly. Last yrs final defensive rankings are what most SOS are based off of, but obviously the flaw in that is the wholescale changes of personell from yr to yr. Denver and PHI are prime examples - you can almost toss out the final defensive standings from those 2 teams because of the offseason moves. Basically what I am saying is to tweak SOS based on future defensive predictions rather than last yrs rankings.

That being said, I think SOS will be a factor pretty quickly for a lot of drafters this yr. As early as the 2nd rd - when you are deciding between your #2 RBs - this could have an effect. CIN's schedule is simply brutal this yr and unless I have no other real option, Rudi simply wont be on my team - and that decision was mainly based on SOS.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:55 pm

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Spokes » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:06 pm

For me, it also matters very little. Good players should be able to proform no matter who they are playing. And because of the law of averages, you aren't guarenteed a good start by a player just because he is facing a bad D.
Best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones in you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw, you should watch yo' mouth...'cause I break yo' face!"
Spokes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk