Interesting draft stategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Interesting draft stategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:44 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Having Moss is like having two 800 yard 8.5 TD WRs, not that good.

That would be like having Javon Walker 719 yds 9 TDs, and Donald Driver 621 yds 2 TDs, and Robert Ferguson 520 yds 4 TDs

3 WRs : 1860yds and 15 TDs 276 fantasy pts
Moss : 1632yds and 17 TDs 265 fantasy pts

No offense, but Moss did by far surpass other receivers.

Here are our points per game average for 2003 for the top 7 WRs:

Randy Moss 17.88
Torry Holt 16.63
Chad Johnson 12.63
Marvin Harrison 12.38
Anquan Boldin 12.25
Santana Moss 11.25
Hines Ward 11.19
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 pm

I bet nobody in the world started Walker, Driver, and Ferguson every week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:07 pm

It was awesome having Moss last year, but partly because I stole him in the 3rd round (after taking Portis and Henry). I spent a lot on Moss in the VXL auction, hoping he'd come close to last year's numbers, but we'll see how it plays out with Barlow as my number one back.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:I spent a lot on Moss in the VXL auction

Heh, you can say that again.

I'm not sure how confident I would feel about taking Moss in the 1st round of a 10-team league. Because with the first 9 picks, I'd much rather have:

Priest
LT
Ahman
Portis
Alexander
Deuce
Lewis
Ricky
Edge

If I had the 10th pick, I may consider grabbing Moss with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. While I consider him the #1 WR, I admit that it's going to be incredibly hard for him to match last year's numbers.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:43 am

Free Bagel wrote:Assuming that Moss is going to put up numbers like last year is a HUGE mistake.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:45 am

FF Newbie wrote:The problem with what you just wrote isn't really the Moss pick. He's a fine pick at #9. The problem is that you're reaching for Dillon, Staley, and Jones too early. Dillon should go in the late-2nd, not early-2nd and Staley/Jones should go in the mid-5th, not the late-3rd/early-4th.

I dont know if Dillon is a late 2nd rd pick.

I got him as my #12 RB and in a 12 team league would go pretty early in the 2nd...

As for Moss, Im officially not on his bandwagon. After that whole "Moss Theory" thread, I have come to the conclusion he is definitely not worth more than Edge. At #10, maybe, just b/c youre looking at him or Faulk or Taylor, all of whom have some question marks.

1600+ yds and 17 TDs will be extremely hard to match, especially with a nagging injury (yeah yeah, he played through it at the end of last year and had good #'s, but he hasnt had to deal w/ it for the whole season)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk