Need help with keeper strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need help with keeper strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby booda » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:12 am

i'm kina skeptical on Faulk b/c he has like 2 or 3 years left in the league at best..any endorsements for Barlow?
Q-Team Supreme!!
booda
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:18 am

I would take Faulk over Barlow. At least with Faulk, we know his team will be getting near the end zone enough for him to be effective and he has players around him that will keep defenses honest. Chances are that he'll be hurt at some point this season, so it is crucial to get Steven Jackson later in your draft. Jackson should do very well in Faulk's place at times this year. Barlow will be hammered by defenses from the start. I have low expectations for him this year (unlike many other owners).
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:43 pm

Warpigs wrote:I have low expectations for [Barlow] this year (unlike many other owners).

I'm right with you there. I don't think the 9ers passing game will develop enough to keep defenses from stacking against Barlow.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:57 pm

With that second pick, I would lean towards young (but more unproven) backs like Domanick Davis, Kevan Barlow, and Rudi Johnson over older guys like Marshall Faulk.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:15 pm

Definetly go with Edge for your first pick, this guy could be huge at the #10 spot. It's a tough call who you want as your 2nd keeper because ideally you want to be keeping 2 RBs. With the next pick I would be looking at:

1)Taylor- last stud RB IMO
2)Moss- big advantage at WR
3)Harrison- big advantage at WR
4)Faulk- so good you have to pick him, even if it's only for another year or two, with Jackson as insurance.... very good value
5)Barlow- Has virtually no competition for touches, just signed a multiyear contract with starting RB money, could break into the top10 based on the amount of touches he sees

All the other 2nd round backs have questions marks as keepers for next year:

Henry-Mcgahee
Rudi-Perry
DDavis-Hollings
Dillon-K.Faulk/Brady/Age
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk