The Vikings' fantasy defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Vikings' fantasy defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Vikings' fantasy defense

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:26 pm

What are your opinions on teh Vikings' D?

They did pretty well last year topping 35 sacks (which is kind of the average) and a VERY impressive 28 interceptions.

They added Antowain Winfield which gives them a true shut down corner. They also drafted DE Kenechi Udeze who will likely start and have an impact immediately.

I like the Vikings D-line that includes Udeze, Chris Hovan and Kevin Williams. They've got young talent at linebacker with Chris Claiborne, EJ Henderson and Dontarrius Thomas.

They will also be playing with a lead most of the time with that high-octane offense, and will be forcing alot of teams (esp. in their division) into "must-throw" situations which will only help the sack and interception totals.

I like the Vikings as a sleeper defense this year. Do you?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:53 pm

I love the Vikings defense. They are pretty spiratic as to where they go, however. So, pinpointing a time to draft them is increasingly difficult. They are definitely draftable and I think they could be a top 5 defense if all their parts click. Just a little point...Brian Russell may not return. If you look at his tapes, a lot of his INTs were by luck (tipped passes, bad throws, etc.). But, I expect him to at least start the season.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:19 pm

Im right there with you guys - MIN is definitely on my Defensive sleepers list. A good enough defense and a high powered offense spells fantasy numbers.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:35 pm

MIN is definatley on my sleeper list. They had 3 players last year with 5+ INT and 2 with 8+. That's pretty good IMO. With the superfly offense teams will have to go into the must throw offense. Which means, like the above stated, many sacks and interceptions.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Return to Football Talk