What Round do u draft a top TE??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Round do u draft a top TE???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:52 pm

Canacuna wrote:The Canacuna takes the "Gonzo or Bust" approach. I'm more than willing to take Tony Gonzalez in the third round if certain WRs and RBs aren't available. Otherwise, unless one of the remaining members of the "Big Four" (Todd Heap, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr.) falls into the seventh or eighth round, I'm waiting until the one of the final rounds to draft my TE.

^^Same as the crazy cuna here.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

gonzo

Postby huskerrich2000 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:37 pm

i really feel that gonzo and heap are the only te that can mix it up with the receivers, last year it got to the point that if my tight end reeled in any point i was up on my opponent, with that in mind after i listed the top 150 some scorers in my league and weighted as to how starters would be available, i have gonz listed as the eighth best value player. i am going to try to draft mid third round in a seven team draft
huskerrich2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:55 pm

Wankster wrote:
deftdelivery wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Welcome Wanker!

no no, Wankster

Somebody needs to read up on that 50 cent lingo! :-[

;-)

you got it man

You say you a gangsta, but you neva pop nuthin. You say you a wanksta, but you neva... And, yeah. That's about the limit to my knowledge of that song.

To answer the question, the earliest I'd pick Gonzo is about the mid to late 3rd. As for Shockey, Heap, and Winslow, probably around the 5th or 6th round. And there are a few other TE's, such as Crumpler, McMichael, and Antonio Gates, that I would consider grabbing before the last 2 rounds of the draft.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Adlaw » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:18 pm

same as the rest of em, Gonzo 3 or 4 everyone else 5 or 6
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby roninmedia » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:20 pm

I rather take a WR here and take a second or third tier tight end in the 9th or later.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:30 pm

Gonzo is a solid option in the 3rd, and I'll take Winslow in the late 6th, but no one else higher.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk