Is Eric Moulds gonna bust my chops again this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Eric Moulds gonna bust my chops again this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:05 am

good question KG.

Im pretty sure it also holds true for #1 WRs too - not just #2s going to be #1s. As for #2s going to#2s, I am not sure. I think you still have to look at it as a cause for concern.

There will always be exceptions to this theory, but to toss out the theory when history says you shouldnt, could come back to bite you.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:08 am

CBM, even if he does what he did last year, that would be 800 Yds with 7 TDs. There is certainly worse you could have at #3 WR. Ghidra, I think you should do another spreadsheet about #2s that become #1s and #2s that stay as #2s with new teams. (I already know one bust at the 2 to 1; paging Peerless Price!)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ViSi0n » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:18 pm

I had Eric Moulds last year as well, so I also went through your tuture. However, I'm not sure what he'll do this year. I do know that he can't get much worse, so maybe he'll do a little better.
ViSi0n
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Is Eric Moulds gonna bust my balls again this year?

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Shatner8 wrote:
nomadic_stranger wrote:
waiving Davis and Norman for Northcutt and Curtis Martin

Umm........I wouldnt do that, Waive Edwards and Norman for those 2. Andre Davis is a great Sleeper this year and could be the #1 WR on his team. He has much more value then Troy Edwards

My thoughts exactly... I think Moulds will come bak in a big way...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Adlaw » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm

Of course time may make us all liars, but Moulds is the real deal, and guys like him rarely have two seasons of disappointment back to back. Unless you are Henry Ellard.
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nomadic_stranger » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:00 am

TY very much for yer input, I'm keepin Davis for now, I'm leaving this thread and starting a new one in trade/waivers
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126466
Opinions ARENT like A-holes... I only have ONE A-hole
nomadic_stranger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:25 am

I don't think it would be fair to blame Moulds' and Price's seasons on each other.

They both battled some injuries throughout the year, and I don't think even if Price had stayed in Buffalo that either of them would have played as well. The offense in Buffalo just didn't suit the Bills' strengths. It called for alot of 7 step drops and deep patterns, and the Bills' offensive line just isn't good enough to keep Bledsoe off his back for that long, which was why they gave up a league high 51 sacks.

Price had to deal with inconsistency at quarterback in Atlanta all season long, as well as some nagging injuries of his own.

I expect both to rebound this season, but probably not to the extent of their 2002 seasons.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:36 am

bagobonez wrote:I don't think it would be fair to blame Moulds' and Price's seasons on each other.

They both battled some injuries throughout the year, and I don't think even if Price had stayed in Buffalo that either of them would have played as well. The offense in Buffalo just didn't suit the Bills' strengths. It called for alot of 7 step drops and deep patterns, and the Bills' offensive line just isn't good enough to keep Bledsoe off his back for that long, which was why they gave up a league high 51 sacks.

Exactly right bagobonez. Kevin Gilbride's offensive system was waaaayy too complicated for the Bills to run. Bledsoe spent too much time trying to make his reads and subsequently ended up on his back more often than not. His average line just couldn't give him the extra time necessary. This year, with an improved line, Gilbride gone and a simpler offensive scheme in place, Bledsoe and the whole offense will be much better off. I expect that to carry over to Moulds in a big way.

Look for 1100-1300yds and 8-10 TDs.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk