David Ortiz runs with Bat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

David Ortiz runs with Bat

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Ortiz runs with Bat

Postby Play Maker » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:34 am

This is the strangest thing that happened to me so far while I was playin MVP Baseball 2004 on my ps2. I was getting bored so I went online to play im 18-3 by the way, didnt feel like waiting for someone to challenge me, so i decide to click play now. During the game it was Boston vs. Yankess at fenway (I was Boston). It was the 5th inning and I was winning 11-2, and all of sudden the guys tries to delays the game, finnaly when he pitched, it was a wild pitch 2 strikes, and I advanced to first (D. Ortiz) only to notice posada just stood there and Ortiz ran around the bases with the bat, I think cause numerous times before he tried to slow the game down, lag etc cause he was losing, and I ended up getting to see David Ortiz run the bases with his bat, only if there was somehow to take a pic of it. It just shows how Yankee fans are sore losers when they get there butt whooped online.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:35 am

How do you even know he was a Yankee fan. That doesn't say anything about certain types of fans. I don't see the relationship between him being the Yankees in a game, to trying to quit, to Yankee fans are sore losers at online video games. :-?
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:32 pm

I hate the Yankees, they have superstars and they cry about not having randy. Pitiful and greedy bastards.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:02 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I hate the Yankees, they have superstars and they cry about not having randy. Pitiful and greedy bastards.

Well, I'll continue delving further into the off-topicness of this thread...

If the Mariners only had the monetary unlimitations that the Yankees had... imagine their starting lineup... and if I went into pitchers... yikes.

CF: Ichiro Suzuki
LF: Scott Podsednik
SS: Alex Rodriguez
DH: David Ortiz
RF: Ken Griffey Jr.
2B: Bret Boone
1B: Tino Martinez
C: Jason Varitek
3B: Carlos Guillen
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:51 pm

Canacuna wrote:CF: Ichiro Suzuki
LF: Scott Podsednik
SS: Alex Rodriguez
DH: David Ortiz
RF: Ken Griffey Jr.
2B: Bret Boone
1B: Tino Martinez
C: Jason Varitek
3B: Carlos Guillen

8-o

That's a pretty amazing starting lineup. Gosh diggity!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Re: David Ortiz runs with Bat

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:53 pm

Play Maker wrote:This is the strangest thing that happened to me so far while I was playin MVP Baseball 2004 on my ps2. I was getting bored so I went online to play im 18-3 by the way, didnt feel like waiting for someone to challenge me, so i decide to click play now. During the game it was Boston vs. Yankess at fenway (I was Boston). It was the 5th inning and I was winning 11-2, and all of sudden the guys tries to delays the game, finnaly when he pitched, it was a wild pitch 2 strikes, and I advanced to first (D. Ortiz) only to notice posada just stood there and Ortiz ran around the bases with the bat, I think cause numerous times before he tried to slow the game down, lag etc cause he was losing, and I ended up getting to see David Ortiz run the bases with his bat, only if there was somehow to take a pic of it. It just shows how Yankee fans are sore losers when they get there butt whooped online.

How does David Ortiz running w/ a bat make Yankee fans sore losers... :-?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Play Maker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:59 am

What im saying about Yankee's fan, he told me even before the game that he was a fan of Yankees. That he was doing everything possible to delay, lag the game since he was losing. I had to wait 35 minutes atleast until it said your opponet has been kicked for unfair play. But my perspective is that Yankees always the ones that whine and moan about not something going there way or winning. Its like if they dont win with the yankees they accuse of cheating because the Yankees are all might and powerfull yea right, anyone can win with a payrool twice of other. Yes i know that not all Yankee fans are jerks or losers, I jus happened to play a sore loser. Sorry for having off topic but just thought it was funny David Ortiz running with a bat.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Video Games