What's the best season record (W-L) you've ever had??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's the best season record (W-L) you've ever had???

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's the best season record (W-L) you've ever had???

Postby Wankster » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:51 am

My personal best was 10-4
Wankster
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:02 am

Last year I went undefeated. I selected Priest in the 1st, Moss in the 2nd, and Jamal in the 3rd, CJ in the 4th, Vanderjagt in the 9th/10th (can't rememeber which). I then traded for Matt Hassellbeck in week 3. Let's just say it wasn't really that competive.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:23 am

14-2 and not the champ. Argghhh!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:24 am

I went 8-4 last year since we started late. I had one of the worst drafts in history, but through FA and trades I built my team back ip after starting 1-3
I picked up all my QBs and backup WRs. I also ended up having LT through the draft and trading SA for mccardell and CJ, then a few guys like brady for chambers and s davis. I later traded chambers for coles. then I traded Tony G and vick for ricky, heap, and marvin. The league wasnt really a joke though, cause I lost in the champ to a kid with jamal-ahman-r moss-s moss and so on
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasyswami » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:02 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Last year I went undefeated. I selected Priest in the 1st, Moss in the 2nd, and Jamal in the 3rd, CJ in the 4th, Vanderjagt in the 9th/10th (can't rememeber which). I then traded for Matt Hassellbeck in week 3. Let's just say it wasn't really that competive.

Did you play in one of those less-than-masculine 8 team leagues, or did you play against a bunch of 5th graders? 8-o
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasyswami » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:05 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Last year I went undefeated. I selected Priest in the 1st, Moss in the 2nd, and Jamal in the 3rd, CJ in the 4th, Vanderjagt in the 9th/10th (can't rememeber which). I then traded for Matt Hassellbeck in week 3. Let's just say it wasn't really that competive.

Did you play in one of those less-than-masculine 8 team leagues, or did you play against a bunch of 5th graders? 8-o
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:13 pm

10 team league. Priest fell to 6th. Daunte went 5th, which led to me getting Priest and nobody was jumping on Jamal's boat either cuz of his inury past.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:13 pm

fantasyswami wrote:

Let's see.

In 2003...

People were afraid of Priest's hip injury and he was slipping to #5 in 12 team leagues.

Moss was coming off the worst year of his career and lots of people downright don't like the guy.

Jamal Lewis was steady, but like every year, an influx of breakout stars pushes a guy like Lewis down a few spots as everyone races to get William Green, Eric Moulds and Plaxico in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

Vanderjagt was coming off a down year and there were pre-season rumors of him being released or traded just a month before the regular season.

He kept a cool head and didn't let people's overreactions to down seasons or the next big thing faze him come draft time. Yeah Bennetts's story sounds pretty plausible to me. Your insults don't however.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasyswami » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:19 pm

Needless to say then, it wasn't even close last year. Congrats! ;-D
Doghouse Fantasy Football Magazine - [i]"Man's Best Friend"[/i]
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasyswami » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:22 pm

Your insults don't however.

I wasn't insulting him at all. It was just light-hearted teasing that we've had all throughout this message board. Bennett, didn't mean anything by it.
Doghouse Fantasy Football Magazine - [i]"Man's Best Friend"[/i]
fantasyswami
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk