Shaun Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moose_ffc » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:47 pm

I would hate to see the Seahawks loose him. He is a game breaker. He was in college and is in the Pros. They may think they can just throw morris in there, but they are wrong. Any team that ends up with Alexander is a lucky one.

He is one of the best HEALTHY backs in the league. I hope that my favorite team gets him (eventhough it would make no sense).
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:25 pm

moose wrote:I would hate to see the Seahawks loose him. He is a game breaker. He was in college and is in the Pros. They may think they can just throw morris in there, but they are wrong. Any team that ends up with Alexander is a lucky one.

He is one of the best HEALTHY backs in the league. I hope that my favorite team gets him (eventhough it would make no sense).

Man, I'll NEVER forget that game he had against the Gators at the Swamp. What a performance. I'm sure Gambini will never forget it, either. ;)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:15 pm

Whoever says he's a mediocre back is just foolish. THere's a reason he was drafted in the first round, and there's a reason he has racked up at least 1,600 total yards and 16 TD's every year that he's been the full time starter.

Why don't we just say Peyton Manning's mediocre too while we're at it.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:18 pm

Seeing as how this could be his last season in Seattle, does that make him a better or worse fantasy play this year? In other words, is he gonna run harder? and not just in the red zone....
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:26 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
moose wrote:I would hate to see the Seahawks loose him. He is a game breaker. He was in college and is in the Pros. They may think they can just throw morris in there, but they are wrong. Any team that ends up with Alexander is a lucky one.

Man, I'll NEVER forget that game he had against the Gators at the Swamp. What a performance. I'm sure Gambini will never forget it, either. ;)

Heh, amen to that. Incredible game. ;-D

Anyway, I'm one of those Seattle fans who don't agree with all this stuff about Alexander not being that great. I admit that he sometimes doesn't put down a shoulder in order to run over someone, but he improves every year. And while, I hate to say it, I agree with bagobonez. The guy doesn't put up those kind of numbers (only Priest has more TD's in a 2 year span) if he is just mediocre. And I'm sure we all know that the whole "inconsistent" label is a hoax. Shaun scored in 13 of the 16 games last season.

That said, it's going to be really hard for the Seahawks to keep him, but I hope they at least make an attempt. Carter and Morris are talented, but they are still very unproven. I'm terrified of a situation where we run Alexander out of town thinks we can just throw Morris or Carter in there with the same sucess and they bust.

Losing Shaun Alexander, if it happens, will be a sad day in Seattle.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pttwo » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:32 pm

I would think if they're planning on getting rid of alexander they'd give him plenty of carries to 'showcase' him to maximize what they'll get in return for him. I wouldn't think he would lose too many touches to Morris or any other back until Seattle is assured a playoff berth.
pttwo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fantasizing » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:36 pm

pttwo wrote:I would think if they're planning on getting rid of alexander they'd give him plenty of carries to 'showcase' him to maximize what they'll get in return for him. I wouldn't think he would lose too many touches to Morris or any other back until Seattle is assured a playoff berth.

At the same time Seattle would want to see what Morris is made of if they are content with letting Alexander go.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:52 pm

pttwo wrote:I would think if they're planning on getting rid of alexander they'd give him plenty of carries to 'showcase' him to maximize what they'll get in return for him. I wouldn't think he would lose too many touches to Morris or any other back until Seattle is assured a playoff berth.

Dude, his contract runs out this year. There's no reason to showcase anything. Seattle can't get jack from him.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:55 pm

fantasizing wrote:At the same time Seattle would want to see what Morris is made of if they are content with letting Alexander go.

Stop right there. First off there's no way in H-E-L-L that Seattle reduces SA's touches just to get a feel for what Maurice can do. To do that, they would need to jeopardize the running game tremendously, and that's just not going to happen this of all seasons.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:40 am

Gunslinger wrote:

You shall now be shot, and your entire village shall be raped and pillaged as punishment for what you have done here today.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk