Shaun Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:49 am

Questions for the Seattle fans out there. What week did Kerry Carter get hurt in last year? Also, did SA have an injury at the beginning of last season?

I only ask because in weeks 1-4 last season, Carter actually had 31 carries and 3 TD's compared to SA's 24 carries and 1 TD. Then Carter dissappeared for the rest of the year.

If SA wasn't hurt, and Carter dissappeared because he got hurt, perhaps they do have faith in Carter, he was getting more carries than SA for the first quarter of the year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:08 am

Free Bagel wrote:Questions for the Seattle fans out there. What week did Kerry Carter get hurt in last year? Also, did SA have an injury at the beginning of last season?

I only ask because in weeks 1-4 last season, Carter actually had 31 carries and 3 TD's compared to SA's 24 carries and 1 TD. Then Carter dissappeared for the rest of the year.

If SA wasn't hurt, and Carter dissappeared because he got hurt, perhaps they do have faith in Carter, he was getting more carries than SA for the first quarter of the year.

First off where are you getting these stats? 8-o
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

shaun

Postby FourthandLong » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:48 am

[quote="fantasizing"]Seeing as how this could be his last season in Seattle, does that make him a better or worse fantasy play this year? In other words, is he gonna run harder? and not just in the red zone....[/quote]

generally i get excited about a 'contract year' cuz alexander has to prove his worth to potential suiters in the free agent market...thats the only reason i drafted plax this year...

and i agree that sa is legit...nobody runs for 1600 yards by accident...

watch sa leave seattle and be sweet...ahman did it...so will sa
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cantonohio1978 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:01 am

STATS AND FACTS...........that's what fantasy football is about....Stats anf Facts show Alexander as a top 10 RB for the past 3 years and going into this one, however there is nothing to show that any other RB on Seattle's Line-up card is of any fantasy impact......so unless we're talking sleeper potential Seattle is one place we're you can rest assure SA will be the main man. Until someone else's stats can prove otherwise. Now with that all being said - NFL contracts CAN play a heavy role in the teams strategy. If there are no plans for SA in the future as far as being signed than expect for him to see less action. Who ever said that they would now showcase his talent is totally wrong. Why would you showcase an unrestricted free agents talent? Put a question mark in other owners heads, and then try to renegotiate with him for a bargain. This as we all know can backfire on you. All in all I think SA's role will NOT change and he will be the long hauler for the Seattle's O.
cantonohio1978
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:45 am

Free Bagel wrote:Questions for the Seattle fans out there. What week did Kerry Carter get hurt in last year? Also, did SA have an injury at the beginning of last season?

weeks 1-4,,,,,I think you mean preseason... and oh yeah

bye bye Shaun....

its all my fault I have an Alexander jersey,,,,,,every seattle jersey I have owned the player has always jetted within a year or two.......see Joey Galloway and Shawn Springs,,,,,,,,,,,and lets not even talk about the Boz.......thats just embarrassing
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Re: shaun

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:09 am

FourthandLong wrote:
and i agree that sa is legit...nobody runs for 1600 yards by accident...

Except he hasn't ever run for 1600 yards.

watch sa leave seattle and be sweet...ahman did it...so will sa

I've seen him play a few times. His reputation for being a soft runner is well deserved. Maybe he's just being patient...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

contract year

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:58 am

I think the fact that SA is in a contract year is one of the perks to drafting him. Obviously he's going to want to get paid, whether it be from Seattle or another team and he's going to be running harder than ever.

I like guys in contract years.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:17 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
moose wrote:I would hate to see the Seahawks loose him. He is a game breaker. He was in college and is in the Pros. They may think they can just throw morris in there, but they are wrong. Any team that ends up with Alexander is a lucky one.

He is one of the best HEALTHY backs in the league. I hope that my favorite team gets him (eventhough it would make no sense).

Man, I'll NEVER forget that game he had against the Gators at the Swamp. What a performance. I'm sure Gambini will never forget it, either. ;)

You shall now be shot, and your entire village shall be raped and pillaged as punishment for what you have done here today.

You have to admit, Alexander deserves all the credit for that win. He single handedly won it for 'Bama. He wasn't ducking out of bounds in that game.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:27 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:

bye bye Shaun....

its all my fault I have an Alexander jersey,,,,,,every seattle jersey I have owned the player has always jetted within a year or two.......see Joey Galloway and Shawn Springs,,,,,,,,,,,and lets not even talk about the Boz.......thats just embarrassing

I have a #7 Jersey. :-P

At least I can say I don't have a Mirer jersey ( I was never ok with that selection...)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:13 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:

bye bye Shaun....

Ahhhh you're right. Went back and looked, stupid site doesn't seperate pre-season and regular season games, just has them all in one long list. But now I see the date on the games was August, so I'm pretty sure that's preseason.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk