Shaun Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:16 pm

hehe yeah it was.

Suffered leg injury (don't remember what type...but it was bad enough to place him as inactive for the rest of the year) early...I think against Arizona??
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:57 pm

awwchrist wrote:hehe yeah it was.

Suffered leg injury (don't remember what type...but it was bad enough to place him as inactive for the rest of the year) early...I think against Arizona??

Beats me. During the regular season, he had 3 carries for -2 yards against Detroit in Week 11.

I don't really pay much attention to injuries that occur to third stringers (even ones with potential like Carter)...

KingGhidra wrote:I've seen him play a few times. His reputation for being a soft runner is well deserved. Maybe he's just being patient...

At midfield, he does kind of glide behind the line waiting for big holes to open - sometimes that results in a big gain, a lot of the time, the hole closes before he can get there and is caught behind the LOS. When a lot of the "elite" runners are hit at the line, they can move forward for a couple yards - when SA is hit at the line, he usually goes backward, resulting in no gain, or a loss of yards. He's a big guy - I wish he'd just lower his shoulder and pound it through for a couple yards more often (like he does so well in the red zone).

As much as I'd like to see the Seahawks resign SA, I don't think that's what's best for the team. The Seahawks have got themselves nearly an All-Pro offense - QB, RB, LT, LG, and some potential at WR. The TE is solid, Mack Strong is awesome... I don't think the Seahawks ncessarily NEED a great RB with that offense. I'd rather keep Hass, a strong offensive line, and some defensive help, and then bring in (or promote) a lesser RB to carry the load (or RBBC). I'm a really big fan of Alexander, though - I just think he's the easiest to replace.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk