Value of Rookie RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Value of Rookie RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Value of Rookie RBs

Postby GMoney » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:02 pm

Now here is a topic that im fairly sure hasnt been talked about yet.

Everyone knows that SJ, and KJ have the most tallent... and both are in positions to start either this year or definately next.

JJ is less talented, but is in a better position.

Critics say this was a weak RB year, they are reffering to depth.

What im trying to ask is...

Are there gonna be lots of good RBs available next year, and how many teams are going to be looking for another RB who will get a chance like SJ and KJ have this year.... or should I do what I can to grab both SJ and KJ this year, at the cost of next years draft?

Off the top of my head. Pit, Sea, Ind, Oak, NYG, TB, Maybe ATL, and Maybe ARI will be looking for RBs either in FA or draft.

But if thats the case RBs available will be Alexander, Edge, Shipp, Jones, Duckett, and Staley.... so there wont be many opportunities for RBs next year.... Tiki will still be around, and teams will take chances on Duckett, Shipp, Jones, etc.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:27 pm

The talent next year far exceeds that of this year. Maurice Clarett should get some attention if he has stayed in shape. My black horse is Minnesota Gopher Marion Barber III. I really like him a lot and I see him as the next self-proclaimed steal of the draft. I think you will see a better variety next year. Look for Tennessee to make a move at a rookie next year if Eddie George starts and Chris Brown doesn't get his chance to start. However, I don't see why you shouldn't take KJ or Steven Jackson. The only running back I see having a dramatic NFL career (emphasis on career) is Kevin Jones, as far as running backs. But, he is in Mooch's dreaded running back system. This year is a crap shoot, but isn't every other year?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GMoney » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:32 pm

I guess the question is...

Should a person give up next years draft picks, in order to get 1 this year to get KJ, or SJ.

Or. Is the person better off waiting a year and getting a back next year.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WhiteChocolate » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:37 pm

It's really hard to tell, because the guy you could get, lets say KJ with the pick you have this year, might be better then that of next year (i'm not sure where youd be drafting next year). If you think you'll have a high choice next year, I'd wait it out, if not then I'd go with KJ or one of these backs. I say that you might want to wait til next year if you have a high pick because theres going to be some good backs... and one who I think will be flat out dominant, and a steal no matter where he goes... Cadillac (Carnell) Williams, out of Auburn.

Oh yea, and Marion Barber III.. you must be looking realllly deep, I'm not saying he won't be good, he's got mad talent, but hasn't he had some injury issues, and has he really shown that he can be a great back yet (I haven't seen him play)

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk