Experts thoughts on these 3 players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Experts thoughts on these 3 players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:14 pm

Calico has the best upside of these 3 guys if you consider where you can draft them and how much they will produce. All 3 fall into really late round picks or not picked at all.

Calico will take over the role of McCareins, and who knows, maybe even push Bennett for the No. 2. McCareins caught 7 TD's and like 800 yards or something.

While Grossman's line got better, this still doesn't seem like a very good offense. I've often wondered if he was a product of the system more so than a good QB. How many Florida QB's tore it up in college and completely folded in the NFL. Darn near all of them that I can remember. QB's coming from a system like that you have to wonder about when all they really need is the accuracy and coach pretty much told them what they had to do pre-snap. Grossman struggled when Spurrier left and Zook took over. Call it what you want, adjusting to coach or change in the system. I say beware of Florida QBs groomed under Spurrier.

Fargas is third here simply because there's so much garbage at RB to filter through...Wheatley, Crockett, Hambrick, Zereoue. I know the "injury risk" is beat to death on here but this guy is a legitimate injury risk. He's got a history of getting injured that he hasn't overcome, was even badly injured last year. I just think there are better "chances" you could take on sleeper backs than Fargas, Tatum Bell perhaps.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:49 pm

Calico... but last year he had problems with dropping the ball. Until that point, he was TEN's red zone target. I'm going to wait to hear how he does at camp before I jump on him this year.

And i love when people ask for "expert" opinions. I mean really, we are all just making educated guesses. Even the expert opinions (like ex-football players) make really bad calls sometimes. It's all just a guessing game!!
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk