Looking for Interest/Suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Looking for Interest/Suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Looking for Interest/Suggestions

Postby doublec15 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:05 pm

Hi all. I'm looking to start a keeper league and this is the general format I would like to use. If you have any interest in joining this league send me a message or any suggestions on how I could improve I'd like imput. Myself and 2 others are already in with this format. I've started a Yahoo Group and made a webpage.

1.0 Teams and Rosters

1.1. There will be 20 teams with each team name consisting of actual NFL teams. Playoff teams from the 2002-2003 season will not be drafted.

1.2 After 20 owners have joined the league a draft will be conducted for the 20 available teams. Owners will have 24 hours to select their team, if they do not select a team within 24 hours they will be given the last pick. Draft order will be random and posted ASAP after 20 owners have joined. As soon as draft order is posted real life rosters will be locked. Any real life transaction after that will not affect the rosters we are using.

1.3 Full team rosters will consist of no more than 20 players.

1.4 When your team is drafted you must select 9 players from that team. This is the start of your roster. The rest will be filled out from the various drafts that will happen. The drafts are explained later.

1.5 Starting Roster/points:

2 Quarterback
3 Wide Receivers
2 Running Backs
1 Tight End
1 WR/TE
1 Kicker
3 Defensive Players

Completions (.25)
Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (.25)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)

Sacks (1)
Interception (1)
Tackles (0.5)
Pass Deflections (1)

2.0. Initial Free Agent Draft for 2003-2004 season

2.1 After we have our teams assigned and the initial rosters are submitted there will be a 9 round FA draft to finish out our rosters. The last team selected will get the first pick in the FA draft. The FA draft will not “snake” it will be a traditional draft.

2.2. After the FA draft the rosters will be at 18. We will have a rookie draft starting the weekend of April 26, 2003 (same weekend of NFL draft). The draft will be 2 rounds long with each team having 24 hours to pick an NFL rookie. The draft order will be the same as FA draft. The rosters will then be complete at 20.

2.2 During the season there will be 2 FA drafts. The first draft will start in Week 3 of the schedule. The 2nd draft will start during Week 10. Week 3 draft will be 2 rounds long and the Week 10 draft with be 1 round. Point totals will determine draft order. Last point total will draft first etc.

2.3 Everyone has 24 hrs to make there pick for each FA draft.

2.4 Roster restrictions still apply to all drafts. So if you would go over the roster size you must drop a player.

3.0. Off season Rosters / Drafts

3.1 All teams that made the playoffs (top 8 teams that went for league title) must drop 1 player that is ranked in the top 50 and 1 player that was ranking 50-99 The next 8 must drop 1 players that was ranked 50-99 and 1 other player and the last four teams drop 1 person from the roster. This makes up the free agent pool for the off season.

3.3 The off season draft will be two rounds long. The draft order will be from the lowest point total in the season to the highest. Win/Losses not taken into account. Time TBD during off season.

3.4 The off season rookie draft will be two rounds long. The draft order will be from the lowest point total in the season to the highest. Win/Losses not taken into account. Time will likely be around end of April.

4.0. Free Agents

4.1 You are not allowed to pick up free agents at any time. There are designated free agents drafts where free agents are drafted.

4.2 Roster sized cannot be over 20 but you may drop players to be under 20 (around draft time).

5.0. Trades and Waivers

5.1 The final trade date in the season will be the latest made available by Yahoo, otherwise trading is allowed all year long. Players must drop players to clear room before a draft is started. Teams cannot draft a player if that would put them over their roster size. Draft spots can be forfeited if teams prefer not to drop a player in midseason. Exceptions shall be made for IR players.

5.2 The commissioner must approve all trades. The commissioner will review all trades and
approve or reject the trade.

5.3 Any trade involving the commissioner will require a league vote to veto. A trade involving the commissioner will stay active for 1 day before approving. If more than half the league (11 teams) votes to veto the commissioner’s trade then the commissioner must veto the trade.

5.4 All trades that are done during the off-season must be posted to the Yahoo group and emailed to me at the email address posted above by both participants. The first one can state the trade and the 2nd agrees.

5. 5 Both FA Draft picks and Rookie draft picks can be traded or forfeited

http://www.geocities.com/doublec15/NFLKeeperLeague.html

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NFLKeeperLeague1/

mailto:doublec15@hotmail.com
doublec15
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

League

Postby doublec15 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:04 pm

15 teams have joined.

I believe we will start with 16 or 18, if you are interested drop me an email.
doublec15
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds