Defenses: DAL, TB, STL, TEN - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defenses: DAL, TB, STL, TEN

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:36 pm

Defensive TDs are a crapshoot anyways, I wouldn't rely on them as a judge of a defense. I would rank them
Dallas
Tenn
TB
STL
Dallas should only get better, while TB is getting old and STL lost the coordinator.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sappisgod_ffc » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:00 pm

Flux wrote:TB - the loss of Lynch and Sapp dont help them

Paying no attention to them don't help.

The Bucs still have the best D of the teams listed. They were ranked in the top 5(2nd I think, I could be wrong), and they've added Ian Gold who is much better than Ryan Nece, even if he isn't 100%. They lost Lynch, but Jermaine Phillips is the same thing, hits hard, solid run D, no so great in coverage. But losing the experience hurts of course. But most importantly in the secondary, they still have a top CB in Ronde Barber. They get back Brian Kelly, one of the best #2s in the league. And they add Mario Edwards a solid nickel CB. Last year they got burned by injuries and were forced to have Tim Wansley, a 7TH ROUND ROOKIE lining up against the likes of Jimmy Smith and Marvin Harrison. We all know how that went. The line still has Rice, Booger, and Wyms who is solid. I expect them to take a step forward this year.
sappisgod_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:25 pm

All of these will be different this year because they all lost key components of their D:
Dallas actually has not lost much, but gained more. :-? didnt they they lose mario edwards their starting corner? but overall the D improved.
TB lost big Warren Sapp and John Lynch, I dont think Lynch's absence will effect them because he was hurt last year also.
Tenn lost a whole bunch of D-Lineman.
STL lost their coach.

So the order would be Dallas, STL, Tenn, TB

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:12 pm

Flux wrote:DAL - should continue to blitz like some mofo's and they may actually have some sort of an offense this year

TEN - Lost Kearse

TB - the loss of Lynch and Sapp dont help them

STL - Lovie is gone as mentioned, Little most likely will see some sort of suspension, and they lost Winstrom. Doesnt look to good

Exactly what I was thinking. Tenn also lost robaire smith

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sappisgod_ffc » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:02 pm

TheOneManShow 26 wrote:All of these will be different this year because they all lost key components of their D:
Dallas actually has not lost much, but gained more. :-? didnt they they lose mario edwards their starting corner? but overall the D improved.
TB lost big Warren Sapp and John Lynch, I dont think Lynch's absence will effect them because he was hurt last year also.
Tenn lost a whole bunch of D-Lineman.
STL lost their coach.

So the order would be Dallas, STL, Tenn, TB

What? STL is clearly inferior to the other teams. Why do you have them #2??? Tennessee also lost their best player on D, but Randy Starks should play decent. Dallas and TB are the top 2 of this list. Tennessee and STL just plain aren't as good. Hell, Tampa had a down year defensively and they were still ahead of Tenn and STL in points allowed, yards allowed, and turnovers. :-?
sappisgod_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:40 am

sappisgod wrote:
Flux wrote:TB - the loss of Lynch and Sapp dont help them

Paying no attention to them don't help.

The Bucs still have the best D of the teams listed. They were ranked in the top 5(2nd I think, I could be wrong), and they've added Ian Gold who is much better than Ryan Nece, even if he isn't 100%. They lost Lynch, but Jermaine Phillips is the same thing, hits hard, solid run D, no so great in coverage. But losing the experience hurts of course. But most importantly in the secondary, they still have a top CB in Ronde Barber. They get back Brian Kelly, one of the best #2s in the league. And they add Mario Edwards a solid nickel CB. Last year they got burned by injuries and were forced to have Tim Wansley, a 7TH ROUND ROOKIE lining up against the likes of Jimmy Smith and Marvin Harrison. We all know how that went. The line still has Rice, Booger, and Wyms who is solid. I expect them to take a step forward this year.

1st of all, TB was not the best defense of the group. DAL finished 1st in giving up the fewest yards per game, and 2nd in giving up the fewest pts per game. TB finished 5th and 4th respectively.

2ndly, Sapp and Lynch may very well have seen better days, but they were still the heart and soul of that team and defense and will definitely be missed for their emotion and leadership.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk